2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with this. Very good yesterday. His link-up play and work-rate are fantastic. The flicks and turns are boss to watch and effective, to boot.

My only issue with him is his penalty area play. Unfortunately, if he's going to play so far forward, this is a big issue. If Bernard is playing one of your forward roles, you absolutely cannot afford another player whose goal and assist return is so poor in, say, a front 3, if you want to achieve anything of note, because your forwards simply have to be where your goals come from.

Iniesta didn't make an assist or score for a calendar year for Barca.

Bernard was making the team tick yesterday and getting the crowd on side, swinging the moment in our favour is hugely important and he was doing just that

Iniesta didn't make an assist or score for a calendar year for Barca.

Bernard was making the team tick yesterday and getting the crowd on side, swinging the moment in our favour is hugely important and he was doing just that

That's great, but you can afford that luxury a lot easier when you have the greatest player of all time turning out for you every week.

Agree with this. Very good yesterday. His link-up play and work-rate are fantastic. The flicks and turns are boss to watch and effective, to boot.

My only issue with him is his penalty area play. Unfortunately, if he's going to play so far forward, this is a big issue. If Bernard is playing one of your forward roles, you absolutely cannot afford another player whose goal and assist return is so poor in, say, a front 3, if you want to achieve anything of note, because your forwards simply have to be where your goals come from.

Put one on a plate for DCL yesterday. Doesn't get an assist for it as DCL couldn't hit a barn door.

Being creative isn't just getting an assist. Also to get an assist you have to people score the chances you've set up for them.

Yeah I’ve said it before about pienaar. Everyone waxes lyrical about him (rightly like, he was a cracking footballer) but all The same people complained that we were only ever best of the rest. Unfortunately one of the main reasons we were only ever best of the rest is because one of our key attackers didn’t get many goals or assists.

Bernards a lovely player to watch and we’re much better as a team when he’s on form. But contributions in the final third aren’t really optional for someone in his position, he does need to improve in that regard.

That's great, but you can afford that luxury a lot easier when you have the greatest player of all time turning out for you every week.

It's just an example my point being iniesta wasn't a passenger hes one of the best of all time

But both times Bernard has started in this LM / LAM role he's being terrific, setting up good chances that in some cases should have been scored, will get goals and assists in that role under Carlo

Put one on a plate for DCL yesterday. Doesn't get an assist for it as DCL couldn't hit a barn door.

Being creative isn't just getting an assist. Also to get an assist you have to people score the chances you've set up for them.

If he could put a few more on a plate (meaning a few more would fall to competent footballers like Richarlison) then he'd get more assists, because, unfortunately, chances do get missed.

Caused havoc when he was cutting inside yesterday.

He’s at his most effective when he’s charging directly into the opposition defensive areas. He’s so tricky on the ball that it draws more opposition players towards him and frees up a lot of space for those around him.

Little wizard!

It's just an example my point being iniesta wasn't a passenger hes one of the best of all time

But both times Bernard has started in this LM / LAM role he's being terrific, setting up good chances that in some cases should have been scored, will get goals and assists in that role under Carlo

I like the way he can come inside more and drop into pockets of space in Carlo's system. Hopefully that puts more of an emphasis on his link-up play and reduces the need for final ball/finishing.

I like the way he can come inside more and drop into pockets of space in Carlo's system. Hopefully that puts more of an emphasis on his link-up play and reduces the need for final ball/finishing.

That's what it's all about getting the best out of players

Do think Bernard has a cheeky finish in his locker too tho lol

Caused havoc when he was cutting inside yesterday.

He’s at his most effective when he’s charging directly into the opposition defensive areas. He’s so tricky on the ball that it draws more opposition players towards him and frees up a lot of space for those around him.

Little wizard!
His ball control at times is just stupid. One touch and he is away. They Couldn’t cope with him yesterday. Hope it can continue for rest of the season.

If he could put a few more on a plate (meaning a few more would fall to competent footballers like Richarlison) then he'd get more assists, because, unfortunately, chances do get missed.

I could not care about the assist statistics, it’s pointless because like yesterday, a player can RUN the game, have people miss chances (Bernard created four) and then someone else can get an assist even though the key component was earlier in the move. It’s a pointless stat.

Pienaar never got great numbers but anyone with a football brain could seee his importance. Same with Bernard.It just so happens they’re both a wide left midfielder, who have a good relationship with the left back.

Peoples obsessions with assists is crazy.

That's what it's all about getting the best out of players

Do think Bernard has a cheeky finish in his locker too tho lol

has always seemed shot shy and keen to set up for others (which is great)... yesterday he must have been told to take more shots when central causetwice I think he made space For two efforts?

Status
Not open for further replies.