2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on Andy, I think his position is irrelevant ( at home at least) as Carlo has seemingly instructed him to go where he can do most damage when he has the ball. Away from home stick to the left wing and help dine out when we are under pressure! I love the little feller, brightens every match for me, even if it isn’t coming off for him, he still has the confidence to try!

I’m a big fan and always have been , I think he’s a superb illustration that stats can only tell you so much and you watch with your eyes .

Technically he’s superb, I liked the fact he was obviously told to drift inside more yesterday, as he influenced the game more. He’s a quality player, who’s work rate is under estimated by many imo. Just needs to get back to full match fitness now.
Our most creative player by a country mile,And for a team that struggles to create and score,it's crucial he plays.

SNIFF

IT

PLANT

POT
The man kinda has a point, Dont quite get the slagging of a player who just played a great game mind...

Pienaar tho !!!..still my favourite player in the Moyes dynasty and he has been greatly missed...didn't score many, didnt assist many either....yet our left side was wonderful to watch.
I can deffo see Bernard having a similar impact.... he's a Cracking player.

The man kinda has a point, Dont quite get the slagging of a player who just played a great game mind...

Pienaar tho !!!..still my favourite player in the Moyes dynasty and he has been greatly missed...didn't score many, didnt assist many either....yet our left side was wonderful to watch.
I can deffo see Bernard having a similar impact.... he's a Cracking player.

He didn’t have a point. I never even said Bernard was better than Pienaar in the first place.

I’m still not fully convinced by him, I know that will seem like madness considering as a fan base we react to how good players are game by game; but for me he hasn’t done enough consistently since he’s been with us.

If he can play like he did yesterday more often then he’ll be a good player for us, but too often he doesn’t deliver and it’s not like he pops up with the odd goal to make up for it; like Ricky does when he isn’t playing well.

I’m still not fully convinced by him, I know that will seem like madness considering as a fan base we react to how good players are game by game; but for me he hasn’t done enough consistently since he’s been with us.

If he can play like he did yesterday more often then he’ll be a good player for us, but too often he doesn’t deliver and it’s not like he pops up with the odd goal to make up for it; like Ricky does when he isn’t playing well.

Agree with this. Very good yesterday. His link-up play and work-rate are fantastic. The flicks and turns are boss to watch and effective, to boot.

My only issue with him is his penalty area play. Unfortunately, if he's going to play so far forward, this is a big issue. If Bernard is playing one of your forward roles, you absolutely cannot afford another player whose goal and assist return is so poor in, say, a front 3, if you want to achieve anything of note, because your forwards simply have to be where your goals come from.

Status
Not open for further replies.