2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if it's been posted but officially Bernard's brilliant linking run and cross to the far post for Richarlison, won't count as an assist for Bernard.
I mean what more do you have to do for an assist ?
The premier league have decreed in their wisdom that because Scmeichel got a slight touch to the ball in flights it negates it as an assist. Who the hell is on these panels, stealing money.

It's like watching a throw back to the best traditions of the nifty out-and-out winger. In this day and age we hype everyone to ridiculous levels, but my favourite football era was late 90s when you still had guys like Waddle, Anderton, Rod Wallace, Giggs, Ginola. I'd even lob in the likes of Nevin, Paul Allen, Strachan, Beardsley etc - who could all change games by being different. Le Tiss I think people admired in a similar vein.

Physiciality is a vital component of the game still but I think fans will always warm to guys who don't appear to be yet another gym-bunny, and who create through timing, touch and guile. He wandered past those lads for the cross and no-one was within yards of him!

Joy to watch. Well done Bernard.

Agreed , love watching smaller players beat stronger, faster more powerful players with thought , skill and vision. Players like that I can watch all day it really is beautifull

..I wonder if Sigurdsson’s recent upturn in form is in part due to this bloke. Sometimes players just gel and compliment each other and those two seem to link well.

It’s also hard to double up on siggy if it means richy, Walcott and Bernard are going to have more space. Same applies for them players to, all of these players can beat a man, playing 1 on 1 against there market is good for us

Don't know if it's been posted but officially Bernard's brilliant linking run and cross to the far post for Richarlison, won't count as an assist for Bernard.
The premier league have decreed in their wisdom that because Scmeichel got a slight touch to the ball in flights it negates it as an assist. Who the hell is on these panels, stealing money.

So, going by that logic , a goalie getting his hand to a shot but not keeping it out is credited with an OG

DpAjxjoXkAciRj1

Always loved countinho me :)

It's not their wisdom its just how the stats are, its who gets the last touch before the player who scores hits it. Nothing to be arsed about as we all know hes boss anyway.

This is exactly why stats are a meaningless pile of drivel in football. Zouma got an assist for passing it 5 yards to Sigurdsson.

Status
Not open for further replies.