2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can afford his wage, who cares? I don't believe it's anywhere near what people are suggesting but still, who actually gives a crap? I reckon Moshiri is shrewd with his finances and spends what he can afford. He's not made his money by spending more than he makes.

Why not?
Don't know what the top rate is, but if a player walks in without having to be bought, then figure 200k a week for a 5 year contract is the same as having paid 50 million for the same player, excluding his wages.

Why else? Seems the sane thing to do as a player, run down your contract and take it all as salary in the next club, rather than having the cash being paid to that club. He'll do the same in 5 years i expect.

I've heard we actually paid £60m for him even though he was available on a free!!! Never mind the £550k a week wages!
Do you know what? Nobody but the very few people who signed the paperwork will have a Scooby doo, we will never know unless someone scans in a copy of his wage slip. The people who do know will not be telling anyone else because they will be sacked off from very well paid jobs themselves.

I heard Trump has asked him to fund the wall out of his weekly wage its huuuge.
Seriously he is going to get kicked up in the air so much this year. free kicks for Iceland galore. Worth keeping Bainsey in the side just for that.

I've seen the £200k per week a few times, but no ideas on the bonus. I mean he easily would have cost £15m to buy so giving him the bonus is not crazy.

From what I've heard it's £100,000 a week and I presume will be a very good signing on fee.

Any talk of £200k a week is ridiculous in my opinion. Brands wouldn't set out to reduce the wage bill then sign someone on that much.

Just watching his interview. Seems to suggest it will take a bit of time for him to settle in following the injury. Excited about seeing him play more than any other signing, but think it might be 2019 by the time we see the best of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.