2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s the one i’m probably the most worried about. He’s tiny! I think he could find it tough to adjust to the league. Not many players his size have made it in the premiership.
Same here mate. Looking at the reveal video he looks like he weighs around 9 stone ish? Really excited to see him but worried he will be bullied out of games. Anyone know how physical the Russian league is? If it's similar to our own that would be a good omen

Same here mate. Looking at the reveal video he looks like he weighs around 9 stone ish? Really excited to see him but worried he will be bullied out of games. Anyone know how physical the Russian league is? If it's similar to our own that would be a good omen
It’s the Ukrainian league. I went to Shakhtar v Dynamo last year. Boring 0-0 draw. I would say it isn’t as physical and no where near the quality or pace of pl. However that’s not to say he can’t make it. Shakhtar are better than anyone else here at the moment and have done ok in the champs league.

People talking about the physicality of the league and him being bullied out if it, have we gone back in time to the 80s or something cos the league I watch isn't anything like that.

Thetyoes of players who do try that usually get turned inside out by anyone with skill and red carded

Just watched his latest vid off main site. He’s dislocated his shoulder 5 times!

But has had corrective surgery now, hence why been out for 6 months.

Really good he gets up to speed soon. Can wait to see our little magician

It’s the one i’m probably the most worried about. He’s tiny! I think he could find it tough to adjust to the league. Not many players his size have made it in the premiership.

As of right now in the premier league, Aaron Lennon and Ryan Fraser are smaller then him being 165cm compared to his 166cm. Also kante, alexis sanchez, Leon Britton and even fred are both 168cm so are less then a inch bigger then him. With the likes of defoe and musa being just under two inches bigger then him at 171cm tall. Finally hazard and Silva are just under 3 inches taller being at 173cm and who can forget our own pienaar was only 170cm.

So heights not a massive worry for me with this lad. he's got a decent leap on him as well, seen him score a few headers for shaktar. Besides that's not his game he's fast, with quick feet, likes to dribble and has that low center of gravity. Personally I'm made up he's a everton player and think he will be quality for us.

As of right now in the premier league, Aaron Lennon and Ryan Fraser are smaller then him being 165cm compared to his 166cm. Also kante, alexis sanchez, Leon Britton and even fred are both 168cm so are less then a inch bigger then him. With the likes of defoe and musa being just under two inches bigger then him at 171cm tall. Finally hazard and Silva are just under 3 inches taller being at 173cm and who can forget our own pienaar was only 170cm.

So heights not a massive worry for me with this lad. he's got a decent leap on him as well, seen him score a few headers for shaktar. Besides that's not his game he's fast, with quick feet, likes to dribble and has that low center of gravity. Personally I'm made up he's a everton player and think he will be quality for us.
I see what you’re saying but it’s not only his height. He’s got a skinny build too. Hopefully his pace, touch and skill will make up for it but we’ll have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.