2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.

I seen Brady play as a kid for St Kevins in Dublin
Older than me but there was always crowds at the matches
My uncle played on the same team
I remember a goal Brady scored for Arsenal, the opposition were breaking out of their goal mouth and Brady block tackled the lad and took the ball off him, then bent a curler beyond the goalkeeper, fabulous goal it was, from one of my favourite pkayers! That old Arsenal side had a completely Irish spine, Jennings in goal, O’Leary at centre half, Brady in midfield and Frank Stapleton up front! Cracker team that was! :)

Should be benched at very least next week. Probs he didnt forget what football was about just because Ukranian league finished way earlier. Two weeks of training will be more than enough to play 30 min for a player liker Bernard. Should be in the 18 men squad.

Should be benched at very least next week. Probs he didnt forget what football was about just because Ukranian league finished way earlier. Two weeks of training will be more than enough to play 30 min for a player liker Bernard. Should be in the 18 men squad.
Was he not injured before his contract ended too? Someone on here said he hadnt played in 5months or so.

He needs to bulk up first, he was getting barged off the ball in the Ukrainian league.

https://www.futhead.com/18/players/7405/bernard/

https://www.futhead.com/18/players/7175/michael-owen/

Compare the physical strength of the two.

tenor.gif

Does anyone know why we don't play people like Baningime, DCL, Dowell, Kenny, even Bernard, Lookman in the U23s? Isn't it used as a reserve team effectively sometimes? I would really advocate that, because people like Dowell, Davies, Lookman, DCL, for instance, can strike up good little partnerships and understanding for the future.

Does anyone know why we don't play people like Baningime, DCL, Dowell, Kenny, even Bernard, Lookman in the U23s? Isn't it used as a reserve team effectively sometimes? I would really advocate that, because people like Dowell, Davies, Lookman, DCL, for instance, can strike up good little partnerships and understanding for the future.

Because it’s not worth it. Academy football isn’t competitive.

Because it’s not worth it. Academy football isn’t competitive.

I get that, but it's a shame then the players I mentioned just don't get matches. I suppose that's why some people still want to go back to the reserve team system

I don't know tbh, it is weird, I understand it could hold back youth development, but one game is hardly going to make a difference, especially when most of that team won't actually make it. Players like Bernard would have benefited massively from tonight so it's a tad disappointing he didn't play.

Status
Not open for further replies.