2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of players have returned from WC duty and played still. Pogba went straight into a game. They should be able to at minimum make the bench.

Mina clearly isn't in training yet though, so I doubt he'll be involved.

Bernard is in training but hasn't had any gametime in five months. No need to rush.

Zouma is in training and I'm sure will be on the bench at least.

With Gomes we should at least be expecting him to be involved by the time the first league cup game rolls around.

The Mina situation irks me a little bit - he's barely kicked a ball since the WC and by the time he gets settled at the club he'll be jetting back off with Columbia during the international break. We might need to be a bit more patient with him if I'm being honest.

At least Bernard should be good to go after that break.
I know what you're saying but it's not like he'll be out there sat on his arse, use their friendlies to get his match sharpness back so he's not off the pace in his first few games

So it looks like all the new signings and loanees will have settled in to the first team before Christmas, marvellous! so then we draw United
or City in the 3rd round, and it's another wasted season. You can ' bet your sweet life' that one of the new signings won't be 'worth a carrot.
This kind of thing has been with Everton for more than 60 years that I can remember.

So it looks like all the new signings and loanees will have settled in to the first team before Christmas, marvellous! so then we draw United
or City in the 3rd round, and it's another wasted season. You can ' bet your sweet life' that one of the new signings won't be 'worth a carrot.
This kind of thing has been with Everton for more than 60 years that I can remember.

Do you have like a horrendous morning meeting at work every day mate?

Cheer up, mate.

He needs to bulk up first, he was getting barged off the ball in the Ukrainian league.

https://www.futhead.com/18/players/7405/bernard/

https://www.futhead.com/18/players/7175/michael-owen/

Compare the physical strength of the two.

...little, slight fellas can survive, much depends on how involved they get with the physical side of the game. Pienaar moved the ball quickly, and tended to slalom past players to have a relatively long career. Osman too. These lads needs to be mentally tough and Bernard is a Brazilian international, and you have to be strong to come through in that country.

The Premier League can take physical toll on smaller guys, he needs to be clever and strong willed.

Status
Not open for further replies.