2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will probably make the bench Saturday.

If the situation is right he'll come on.

In the squad/starting v Rotherham.

This team will get a run out and getting fitness up against Rotherham.

Stek/Mini Joel

Kenny Zouma Mina Digne

Davies Dowell

Sandro Bernard Calvert-Lewin

Niasse

A little bit short in CM. Gomes, McCarthy and Baningime still out.

Stek/Mini Joel

Kenny Zouma Mina Digne

Davies Dowell

Niasse

I wouldn't want us to make to many changes, I'd like to see Bernard get a good game to build his fitness up also Mina and Zouma get a game together, but keep a strong team, last thing we want is an early cup exit, get the game won

Rotherham are a championship team who will love to have a good go at trying to knock Everton out at Goodison.
I think you will see two or three changes at most. You do not want to lose a feel good factor by not respecting the opposition.

Exactly. When we lost to Norwich under Koeman in the LC it knocked the early momentum absolutely stone-dead. To an extent we never got it back. On the back of such poor cup form of late, we simply cannot afford to take this tie with anything other than full respect for the opposition.

Rotherham are a championship team who will love to have a good go at trying to knock Everton out at Goodison.
I think you will see two or three changes at most. You do not want to lose a feel good factor by not respecting the opposition.
Couldn’t agree more. I’d rather Mina and Bernard are introduced in a competitive match with a number of players they are going to be playing with week in week out to build some kind of understanding, rather then playing with reserve team or squad players.

Stek/Mini Joel

Kenny Zouma Mina Digne

Davies Dowell

Niasse

Not for me...play a strong team will new guys on the bench and bring them on depending on how the game's going.
Last thing we need is a team of new players getting to know their teammates in a cup competition against a team after a big scalp...get it won first and foremost

I'd imagine we'd see all of Digne, Bernard, Mina and Zouma against Rotherham but I doubt they'll start. Richarlison might get a breather but I wouldn't expect major changes.

I'd imagine we'd see all of Digne, Bernard, Mina and Zouma against Rotherham but I doubt they'll start. Richarlison might get a breather but I wouldn't expect major changes.
Lookman in place of Richarlison. Maybe Sandro in for Cenk. Get the game won and then give new players game time.

Start the first team, should we get 3-0 up then bring on Lookman, Bernard and Dowell.

I can't be doing with another stuggle and let's get the confidence sky high. The early fixtures are helpful so let's make the best of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.