2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
The talent is there, the end product isn't which I imagine is why he is at Everton.

Some go on like he's amazingly intelligent as a player, I don't see it. He gives off that vibe initially and then he falls over, mis controls it, hits an attempted "clever" ball out of play, wildly slashes at a shot.

He needs to improve, especially his consistency.

The talent is there, the end product isn't which I imagine is why he is at Everton.

Some go on like he's amazingly intelligent as a player, I don't see it. He gives off that vibe initially and then he falls over, mis controls it, hits an attempted "clever" ball out of play, wildly slashes at a shot.

He needs to improve, especially his consistency.
Yeah I agree.

I like him, and I think he makes the team better because of his willingness to take the ball and his general workrate. He's a lovely little continuity player I think, plays some nice one-twos, hits some nicely weighted passes, always looking forward etc. That's all great, and makes him a really good player to have. I just don't see this creative genius that some people talk about though. He looks like the type of player who will keep slipping in perfect through balls and turn people inside out to create space, but he very rarely actually does it. I think he's a very good player, just not necessarily the type of player some people believe he is (and I hoped he was).

He's a David Silva type player for me.

Not as good of course but that sort of mould. David Silva would be pretty ineffective in our current set up in my opinion and so let's wait till we have better players around him to judge fully.

Once he adapts to the physicality I think he will be decent for us.

Would love to see big Dunc coaching him to be tougher on the training ground!!

He's a David Silva type player for me.

Not as good of course but that sort of mould. David Silva would be pretty ineffective in our current set up in my opinion and so let's wait till we have better players around him to judge fully.

Once he adapts to the physicality I think he will be decent for us.

Would love to see big Dunc coaching him to be tougher on the training ground!!

lad hes abar 3 foot, he doesn't go down like a wimp ( ie richarlison ) he goes down because he's tiny compared to the defenders in this league

dunc can't coach him to grow

Bernie looks like a player that is thinking too far ahead atm. He needs to learn to react rather than map out his moves- I think he’s slipping because he realizes route 1 is a no go 50 percent of the time. Players are much quicker to close down and condense space.

Get it sorted Bernie

He reminds me of Pienaar. The only difference is Pienaar had Arteta and Osman around him who were on a similar wave length. I have no doubt he can make it but needs to play as a deep lying 10 or him or Richarlison need to make RW their home.

His look really really good, but when you analyze his performance you realise he doesent contribute enough.

People say the same thing about zaha, but zaha can ghost past full backs and has the power and pace to take people on

A proper footballer
You can never have enough proper footballers in your squad

This ^^^^

I know you need to have pace , presence , strength etc in a team but , I love watching good footballers play. I like it when I see players do things that I can’t see at my local town team. Running and working hard are necessary but any footy team in the country can run, I like swing intelligent , skillfull players and he’s one of them even if his goals and assists return should be better

Yeah I agree.

I like him, and I think he makes the team better because of his willingness to take the ball and his general workrate. He's a lovely little continuity player I think, plays some nice one-twos, hits some nicely weighted passes, always looking forward etc. That's all great, and makes him a really good player to have. I just don't see this creative genius that some people talk about though. He looks like the type of player who will keep slipping in perfect through balls and turn people inside out to create space, but he very rarely actually does it. I think he's a very good player, just not necessarily the type of player some people believe he is (and I hoped he was).
Unfortunately he is a bit of a luxury player better teams could carry but we need more than that at the moment

Not sure we have any other players that could play the pass for Tom Davies to cross for Richarlison. Weighted and timed perfectly.

The lad can play those balls into the box all day, everyday but he needs runners from midfield. Currently we have Gylfi and Gana standing in the centre circle scratching their arses.

Status
Not open for further replies.