2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when Arouna Kone scored a hatrick? I'll base my judgdement on more than one game against bang average opposition.
Remember when Arouna Kone scored a hatrick? I'll base my judgdement on more than one game against bang average opposition.

One thing for certain that Deulofeu is a superior player than Koné was. The post I replied to- 'said he wasn't shinning at Watford' - I disagree

'Bang average opposition' that most on here are fearing, come Tuesday.

One thing for certain that Deulofeu is a superior player than Koné was. The post I replied to- 'said he wasn't shinning at Watford' - I disagree

'Bang average opposition' that most on here are fearing, come Tuesday.
His stats aren't that amazing for a regular starter in the team that is currently 7th in the prem.

Cardiff are 100% bang average. The fact that we might conspire to lose is more of our club being a shambles than Cardiff being decent.

His stats aren't that amazing for a regular starter in the team that is currently 7th in the prem.

Cardiff are 100% bang average. The fact that we might conspire to lose is more of our club being a shambles than Cardiff being decent.

Deulofeu - 20 apps 6 goals - Richarlison - 22 apps 10 goals

He's not having a bad season in a bang average team. I reckon he'll be ahead of Richarlison at the end - fancy a bet?

Last edited:
Cool story. Is this based on the times you've seen him play up the middle? Tell us about it.

Years and years of watching all levels of football.

A blind man can see it. He's not built to be a winger.

David Silva is prime example of this. He played wide when he first arrived at City.

Could he be any worse than Siggurdsson?

I think little Bernard is a quality player - play him behind the forward and maybe he'll score. Out wide he's wasted, far to diminutive for the winger role
Especially because our system demands more from the wingers to be a goal threat and have that pace which he just lacks a little - Bernard has a good burst, a great first touch an eye for a pass and knows how to win fouls without going down like he's been shot.

I definitely think it would be worth a go behind the striker, plus it's be good to get Lookman a space on the wing too who has a bit more ability in 1 v 1 situations and seems to sniff out chances on goal a bit more than Bernard. Just having two players who want the ball and go looking for it, can control it under pressure, move defenders out of position and lay it off to someone else will help us massively.

Status
Not open for further replies.