2021/22 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confident if Mina and Godfrey got a run of games together at CB they would make them positions their own. Mina is a big powerful CB who wins most things in the air. Whereas Godfrey would clear up everything on the ground. Keane alongside Godfrey doesn't have the same authority. I feel for Godfrey as he is very close to becoming a jack of all trades which is ok at the moment but he really he needs to nail down a position or he will never be a regular starter. When I look at him he looks like a CB with his physicality but needs to learn a few things. At the moment he gets away with some of his mistakes using his pace like Yobo and Distin used to.

I'm confident if Mina and Godfrey got a run of games together at CB they would make them positions their own. Mina is a big powerful CB who wins most things in the air. Whereas Godfrey would clear up everything on the ground. Keane alongside Godfrey doesn't have the same authority. I feel for Godfrey as he is very close to becoming a jack of all trades which is ok at the moment but he really he needs to nail down a position or he will never be a regular starter. When I look at him he looks like a CB with his physicality but needs to learn a few things. At the moment he gets away with some of his mistakes using his pace like Yobo and Distin used to.
Mina and Keane have allready done this, if anything Ben has gone backwards at an alarming rate, its not going to happen, not with are injury crisis, not a chance we experiment at the back for the future

Looks like he needs more time to recover and get his development back on track. Mina and Keane, after his two games jitters, has been the best pairing so far. That being said, one of the key transfer target will be a new CB.

Mina and Keane have allready done this, if anything Ben has gone backwards at an alarming rate, its not going to happen, not with are injury crisis, not a chance we experiment at the back for the future

I don't think they have. I think Mina and Keane have been partnered so much because they have zero adaptability so Godfrey has has to play RB as he has. Keane would be even more of a car crash at RB. Godfrey has suffered because of Covid and hasn't been as good as last season and I would still pick him ahead of Keane if I had fully fit squad. Whenever I watch Keane get a run of games I think he has finally turned a corner then he makes a mistake and after that he just goes into decline and it usually lasts a few games. Can't afford to have a player that affected by confidence to be a regular. Mina and Keane together also means we will always be a team that has to sit deep. If Godfrey plays we can play a normal defensive line not one that invites attack after attack. I'm not one that wants a really high line but I definitely don't want to be sat so deep. If you get the line higher when you turn the ball over you are that much further up the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.