2021/22 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs a run at centre-back at some point, otherwise it's £20m+ spent on a full-back who can't cross or even pass particularly well.

….he did plenty to keep us in the game with some terrific blocks, getting his body in the way particularly in the first half. He handled Antonio well in one-on-one situations. He’s very raw, he lacks composure in possession but he has all the ammunition to be very effective at this level.

CBs are lots about partnerships and blend, I think he’ll really improve for a settled run in the side alongside a constant partner but he either has to earn that or circumstances make it happen. I wouldn’t in the least blame him for the goal we conceded and I definitely wouldn’t be writing him off.

Watched the goal last night and you have to give credit for the pace and precision of the corner, very hard to defend against and I wish our corners were half that good.

How can we give him a run when he hasnt played well when we've given him a chance?
Mina and Keane is the back 2 and that wont change until one is injured.
If the club aren't bothered about him becoming a very expensive utility man, they don't have to do anything.

I think it's something to be wary of, seeing as though Mina is in the process of running his contract down, but maybe finishing 9-10th instead of 11-12th takes precedence over more long-term concerns.

Zero proof that a vaccine makes covid less severe. It’s unique to every individual.

I know when I had it, for a couple of months after, fatigue would hit me at random points in the day.

He is still a bit rusty but isnt marauding down the pitch as much. Needs a consistent run in the same position in the team alongside mina
Well there are a lot more surviving with the vacine than without so agree to disagree

If the club aren't bothered about him becoming a very expensive utility man, they don't have to do anything.

I think it's something to be wary of, seeing as though Mina is in the process of running his contract down, but maybe finishing 9-10th instead of 11-12th takes precedence over more long-term concerns.
Minas contract is a massive worry , its such a shame we went out the league cup, it would of been a chance to rotate

Status
Not open for further replies.