2020/21 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
doubt he is better than either of Holgate/Keane. Nice to have a back up though, especially in this tight season
You'd like to think he's good enough to be challenging though otherwise seems a bit pointless. I think he compliments Keane/Mina like Holgate does from what limited footage I have seen. Thanks for that link the other day by the way mate.

Norwich Boss Daniel Farke

Ben Godfrey trained all week. Talks moved forward yesterday evening. Godfrey hasn't trained today and is in advanced talks with Everton. Can't confirm the fee but it will be a club record fee. "Whoever signs Ben Godfrey should be very happy

Farke is speaking glowingly of Godfrey's development. He's tipping him for big things at Everton and even further in his career. Describes it as a pleasure to have worked with him.

We are developing some of the best young talent in this country. We have definitely done something right as a club. Even if it doesn't help me to win games in the short term.'

You'd like to think he's good enough to be challenging though otherwise seems a bit pointless. I think he compliments Keane/Mina like Holgate does from what limited footage I have seen. Thanks for that link the other day by the way mate.
of course mate

I've always thought Godfrey was decent (and deffo one of, if not the, best players in their side).

Quitely happy with this signing as long as the fee isnt stupid. Think he'll have some ups and downs in the first season with us (much like Keane) but think he will develop really nicely under Carlo (much like Keane)

....I hope he’s better than both. I imagine Ancelotti/Brands have brought him in to be a starter, bit pointless otherwise.

All he has to be right now at a minimum is capable backup. The kind of pace he showed in that video will cover a multitude of sins until he progresses (hopefully far) beyond the level of the current crop.

This
Usmanov promised Carlo money to spend and Carlo will spend it

I mean the sequencing went something like;
1) Carlo is going for a break in America, away from football for a period
2) Carlo meets Usmanov for a chat about football/Everton
3) Carlo signs for Everton.

I strongly suspect Ancelotti has a direct line into Moshiri and/or Usmanov. Thats ultimately who he is accountable too. Brands can do his thing seperately.

Status
Not open for further replies.