Belfast Club Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are quite a few Leeds fans of a certain age. Hoping I've misjudged our numbers but honestly, rarely see our shirts. So rare I usually speak to them when I do.
Yeah good few leeds fans about but they all seem aged 50+. Cant see them buying too many shirts. Cant see our shop being too busy unless we start being successful but at least we're taking up space. Its good to see.

The Premier League clubs will divide a unit on Castle Lane recently vacated.
Everton confirmed its end of the split merchandise store, will open on Thursday.
Everton’s club store will be operated by its US retail partner Fanatics, which runs merchandise operations for a number of high profile sports clubs.

Leeds United signed an extended retail partnership agreement with JD Sports over the summer.

Both Premier League clubs said they are keen to tap into their sizeable Irish fan base.
I wouldn't be locating in Belfast if I wanted to tap into my Irish fan base. Fair enough if you want to service the NI fanbase, but people in Cork, Waterford, Limerick, and Galway won't be beating a track to this particular club shop. It's almost inaccessible from anywhere other than Dublin.

I imagine it's a pop-up shop that will last for a few months and be replaced by an Aston Villa shop and a neighbouring Newcastle one once us and Leeds realise our fanbases are too old to buy shirts and too far away to bother with the journey.

@Drico, I dont know mate, I think its clever. We're going to be seen and take up space in a market here dominated by celtic, rangers, rs and utd at no real cost as shop probably wont be financed by instore sales alone. It'll probably be the hub for eu sales exploiting the norths unique protocol agreement allowing goods to go into the Republic of Ireland and the wider EU without new checks, costs or controls after brexit. It could save the club some money whilst getting our face/brand onto the high street.

I wouldn't be locating in Belfast if I wanted to tap into my Irish fan base. Fair enough if you want to service the NI fanbase, but people in Cork, Waterford, Limerick, and Galway won't be beating a track to this particular club shop. It's almost inaccessible from anywhere other than Dublin.

I imagine it's a pop-up shop that will last for a few months and be replaced by an Aston Villa shop and a neighbouring Newcastle one once us and Leeds realise our fanbases are too old to buy shirts and too far away to bother with the journey.

1.35 millions people in Dublin though, while 250k in Kildare while Meath and Louth are closer. I’m heading up just before Xmas to the markets so I’ll drop a few quid in this shop.

The clever play though is to have a warehouse for national distribution online,
With this shop as a hub. I do all my online shopping now in the North or mainland Europe instead of mainlamd U.K. now for obvious customs and tax reasons.

@Drico, I dont know mate, I think its clever. We're going to be seen and take up space in a market here dominated by celtic, rangers, rs and utd at no real cost as shop probably wont be financed by instore sales alone. It'll probably be the hub for eu sales exploiting the norths unique protocol agreement allowing goods to go into the Republic of Ireland and the wider EU without new checks, costs or controls after brexit. It could save the club some money whilst getting our face/brand onto the high street.

Feck you, you explained it way better than me! lol

There are quite a few Leeds fans of a certain age. Hoping I've misjudged our numbers but honestly, rarely see our shirts. So rare I usually speak to them when I do.
I have a couple of friends who are Leeds fans going back to the early 90s, plus a few older fells I know from the rugby club who would probably have supported them in the 70s as kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.