Homepage Update: Baines: We have no chemistry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baines used to be:
a) first choice left back
b) first choice penalty taker
c) first choice free kick taker
Now, he is barely any of those under RM. Baines has consistently come across to me as a decent person, honourable, sensible, loyal, unflashy and down to earth. A lesser person would have ripped the poo of RM a long time before now, but even now I bet Baines felt a bit uncomfortable saying what he did, but believed he had to say it all the same, enough was enough. There must be loads more he could have said but choose not to.

Baines used to be:
Now, he is barely any of those under RM. Baines has consistently come across to me as a decent person, honourable, sensible, loyal, unflashy and down to earth. A lesser person would have ripped the poo of RM a long time before now, but even now I bet Baines felt a bit uncomfortable saying what he did, but believed he had to say it all the same, enough was enough. There must be loads more he could have said but choose not to.

Heres another utter ridiculous thing i remember - Barkley when taking free kicks the other season and they mentioned he doesn't actually practise them in training

Think little things like that go ingored - when in fact they are a sympton of the stupidity that seems to rule in trainign and the lack of any discipline or planning

Last edited:

I agree, what Baines said to the press was hardly mutiny was it, but his manager has tried to make him look treacherous.
They were mild words but even oblique criticism of your manager is a big deal - can you imagine one of UTd's players saying that under Ferguson? We have no chemistry and we're one dimensional - they'd be on the transfer list next day!

I think it's great that Leighton came out and said it, btw, shows some leadership that has been sorely lacking all season. But he has to have known he was sticking his neck out.

They were mild words but even oblique criticism of your manager is a big deal - can you imagine one of UTd's players saying that under Ferguson? We have no chemistry and we're one dimensional - they'd be on the transfer list next day!

I think it's great that Leighton came out and said it, btw, shows some leadership that has been sorely lacking all season. But he has to have known he was sticking his neck out.

Baines knows which way the wind is blowing in terms of public opinion against RM and thus felt more empowered to come out and say something.

A-- He said Baines was misinterpreted
B -- He said Baines apologised for putting himself in a position to be misinterpreted.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that at all.

Seems like any small reason now to create mischief and bash the manager.

Becoming rather tedious actually with posts on most threads saying the exact same thing.
Aside from the fact that it has been proved that Baines WASN'T misinterpreted, your theory is sound.

Given that Baines hasn't been misinterpreted it follows that IF he has apologised, it wasn't for being misintepreted. This raises more than one possibility:

a) He hasn't apologised, meaning Martinez is fibbing.
b) He has apologised for something else, meaning Martinez is partially fibbing.

I can't think of an alternative possibility that DOESN'T involve Martinez lying. Happy for others to supply them and help me out, of course.

The biggest issue is that Lukaku wasn't mentioned in any way for his comments about wanting CL football, but Baines was targeted for saying that we lack chemistry on the pitch. The only difference here is that our hopes in the Cup and league rest on scoring goals, and we have ONE goalscorer. Martinez is entirely reliant on Lukaku, so cannot risk upsetting him in any way. Despite his ridiculous claims yesterday that we are not reliant on any one individual.

Aside from the fact that it has been proved that Baines WASN'T misinterpreted, your theory is sound.

Given that Baines hasn't been misinterpreted it follows that IF he has apologised, it wasn't for being misintepreted. This raises more than one possibility:

a) He hasn't apologised, meaning Martinez is fibbing.
b) He has apologised for something else, meaning Martinez is partially fibbing.

I can't think of an alternative possibility that DOESN'T involve Martinez lying. Happy for others to supply them and help me out, of course.

The biggest issue is that Lukaku wasn't mentioned in any way for his comments about wanting CL football, but Baines was targeted for saying that we lack chemistry on the pitch. The only difference here is that our hopes in the Cup and league rest on scoring goals, and we have ONE goalscorer. Martinez is entirely reliant on Lukaku, so cannot risk upsetting him in any way. Despite his ridiculous claims yesterday that we are not reliant on any one individual.

That whole segment of his presser smacked of face saving to me.

Baines used to be:
And he excelled in all those aspects. Is that Martinez's fault? B and C I'm unsure, however it's certainly annoying that they're not utilised.

You knew he was fantastic and penalties but that remit has been passed on to other players, such as Rom who himself isn't too shabby.

The free kick option is perplexing though as it was once a real strength of ours. Now? It just seems like a jumble of maverick attempts.

His corner taking has definitely declined though over the last few years, although apart from Oviedo I don't think anyone in our squad excels at it.

And he excelled in all those aspects. Is that Martinez's fault? B and C I'm unsure, however it's certainly annoying that they're not utilised.

You knew he was fantastic and penalties but that remit has been passed on to other players, such as Rom who himself isn't too shabby.

The free kick option is perplexing though as it was once a real strength of ours. Now? It just seems like a jumble of maverick attempts.

His corner taking has definitely declined though over the last few years, although apart from Oviedo I don't think anyone in our squad excels at it.

Corners Baines has been poor with for the last couple of seasons, very rarely gets it past the first man - he should have been removed, like you say there isn't many other options.

The pens, didnt he miss one - like the first one in absolute ages and then other people started taking them? Apart from Rom can't think of a better pen taker. Free kicks, i don't have a clue why on earth he still isn't involved tbh.

So let me get this straight Bainsy has been forced to apologise for not towing the party line that 12th place and a run in the cups is good enough for Everton FC?That he has been forced to apologise for saying that the performances this season just haven't been good enough?

Seem
Heres another utter ridiculous thing i remember - Barkley when taking free kicks the other season and they mentioned he doesn't actually practise them in training

Think little things like that go ingored - when in fact they are a sympton of the stupidity that seems to rule in trainign and the lack of any discipline or planning

Players like Beckham and Ronaldo used to stay after training and practice for hours on free kicks, maybe Barkley should be doing this

Seem

Players like Beckham and Ronaldo used to stay after training and practice for hours on free kicks, maybe Barkley should be doing this
Maybe so. However, given that he currently doesn't, should he be on free kick duty, as allocated by the manager? Just a thought like

Status
Not open for further replies.