Baines: sell for £16m in January. Yes or No?

Baines: sell for £16m in January. Yes or No?

• Yes

Votes: 91 38.4%
  • No

Votes: 117 49.4%
  • baines on toast

Votes: 29 12.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is there no media coverage of the stamp that has put Bainsey out? It is all about Kev on Sh**ez and he went on to run and run for the full 90 minutes without a problem.

Thought Coleman and Baines were at the mauriding best again on Saturday. Not seen it for a few weeks, as if they have been shackled by tactics. That seemed to be taken away for this game, hope it remains.

I voted yes but only if it means we will buy Lukaku

Under Martines, both Baines and Coleman are less important to us as they were under Moyes, simply because during the Moyes era, over 50% of our attacking play was from both of them, now they are still attacking but the whole game is changed and as we saw on Saturday when we had to play almost 45 minutes without him, we attacked and scored 2 goals and his absence was not widely noticeable

Given his age and contract situation, anything above 15M is excellent, but as i said, only if the money will be used to fund Lukaku's transfer but i don't think Lukaku's transfer can happen in January, the chances of us signing Lukaku are slim right now, first he has to decide that he wants to move here, Chelsea must accept to sell him and we must have the money for the transfer and wages.

So selling Baines in January and keeping the money till the end of the season in order to buy Lukaku is not a good idea, we can miss out on Europe without Baines

Anyway the situation with Lukaku should be answered in January, if Chelsea end up spending big money on a big name striker then he will know his time is up there.

As i said, we all will accept a straight swap between Baines and Lukaku, but it's not as easy as it sounds, too many factors involved.

When you consider how much Coentrão went for, you've got to ask whether £16 million is enough. (Yes, he is younger, but the points there)

Also, who would we replace him with?

Last edited:
I voted yes but only if it means we will buy Lukaku

Under Martines, both Baines and Coleman are less important to us as they were under Moyes, simply because during the Moyes era, over 50% of our attacking play was from both of them, now they are still attacking but the whole game is changed and as we saw on Saturday when we had to play almost 45 minutes without him, we attacked and scored 2 goals and his absence was not widely noticeable

Given his age and contract situation, anything above 15M is excellent, but as i said, only if the money will be used to fund Lukaku's transfer but i don't think Lukaku's transfer can happen in January, the chances of us signing Lukaku are slim right now, first he has to decide that he wants to move here, Chelsea must accept to sell him and we must have the money for the transfer and wages.

So selling Baines in January and keeping the money till the end of the season in order to buy Lukaku is not a good idea, we can miss out on Europe without Baines

Anyway the situation with Lukaku should be answered in January, if Chelsea end up spending big money on a big name striker then he will know his time is up there.

As i said, we all will accept a straight swap between Baines and Lukaku, but it's not as easy as it sounds, too many factors involved.

Chelsea would be getting bloody ripped off if we managed to do that.

My heart says no.

We are on the verge of something very decent here, we don't need to be selling our best players.

My head says if we spent that money on the side immediately to replace him and also bring in another very good player, then yes why not!

Status
Not open for further replies.