Votes: 132 75.9%
  • no

Votes: 18 10.3%
  • has it really been 10 years?

Votes: 24 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ he looks old for his age, he's only 9? Jesus.
tumblr_lex6ab2qLJ1qdt4tzo1_250.gif

Shame we've never had a proper song for him
It really is. He should have his name sung loudest and longest for last 5 yrs.
Been going to GP since '77, imo Baines is our best LB in that time. PsycoPat was terrifying defender but not much going forward. For 3-4 seasons Baines ran games from LB. Brilliant brilliant player and hugely underrated.

Little bit of trivia on Leighton. He's never scored a free kick at goodison. Deffo one of our own though and more worthy of cult status than most.
That can't be true, surely? Astonishing.

Not even top 5. We do tend to overrate our own. Southall & Lineker are the only ones in the last 30 years which could fairly lay that claim while wearing our colours.

But he's an Everton great: lost some form after Pienaar left the first time which betrayed a slight dependence on who's ahead of him, also had a long dodgy phase of bad corner kicks...but he's given us bags of brilliant memories, largely-consistent performances and generally the kind of high-quality we would love to have in all positions.

I'd put Leighton in top 5 of our best players of the 21st century along with Cahill (who's the more cult), Arteta, Jags and Rom.
Let me get this right: are you saying that Baines has at no point in his entire Everton career ever been one of the top 5 LBs in the world? And that you think Jags is on a par with him?

Wow.

I will never forget an interview he did and he was saying about when he was a kid and would sneak into Goodison for the last 15 minutes. Also and this is one of the best quotes from a footballer ever "I don't even like football I'm just pretty decent at it" I hope his corner taking is back on form this year and beats the first man, I have a feeling he could be pivotal for the next year or two under Koeman. For me maybe not legendary but definitely in the bracket of the nearly did players Cahill etc

Status
Not open for further replies.