Votes: 132 75.9%
  • no

Votes: 18 10.3%
  • has it really been 10 years?

Votes: 24 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
....super talented footballer, mercurial passing ability that we take for granted. There was a period when the side were truly impacted as an attacking force when he was injured, amazing for a LB.

In our pantheon of Left Backs I'd go 1:Ramon Wilson,2:pat Van Den Hauwe,3:Leighton Baines,close call between Baines and VDH as Bainsey is a lot easier on the eye as a player,but Psycho overall as a defender would edge it for me.:)

Cult hero?

To my mind he's the best left back who has ever played for the club and by that assertion makes it into our all-time XI

"Cult hero" doesn't do him justice

Absolutely magnificent player and for a relatively short time the best left back in the world IMO, first time since Big Nev we've been able to say that about any of our players

Reactions: FTY

He's been absolutely sound for the full 10 years. Being a scouser we appreciate him a bit more than Jagielka.

Things like picking up supporters on the way to a pre-season friendly are what he's all about.

Baines-Arteta.png

Should wear the armband.

Best player we've had in my lifetime, easily

2011-2014 he was the best left back on the planet

Carried us for a while, FROM LEFT BACK

Stayed with us and never tried to force a move, despite Bayern fkn Munich and the league winners coming in for him on multiple occasions

My hero
160389692_2936718.jpg

RT
Cult hero?

To my mind he's the best left back who has ever played for the club and by that assertion makes it into our all-time XI

"Cult hero" doesn't do him justice

Absolutely magnificent player and for a relatively short time the best left back in the world IMO, first time since Big Nev we've been able to say that about any of our players

Top player, top bloke, one of us for sure as evidenced by the backlash to Martinez's comments last season. In my lifetime watching the blues, he's the next in line. Big Dunc - Tim Cahill - Leighton Baines.

why does he always try to pass behind the strikers when he crosses?
Because only recently we've had strikers who actually get in the box

The lads had to whip balls in for some absolute wank strikers down the years and he still got the joint highest assists in the league one season

Status
Not open for further replies.