Votes: 132 75.9%
  • no

Votes: 18 10.3%
  • has it really been 10 years?

Votes: 24 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a cooler footballer? Looks like he should be in the Arctic Monkeys yet dons the royal blue. Not shy of gettin the ice creams either, what a man just don't think he is a cult hero, that does not do him justice.

I remember about 3 years ago I went to Speke retail park one day I was off work. Mid week, about 1 in the afternoon. Went into HMV and Bainsey was in there wearing his Everton hoodie, cap on inconspicuous like. Just browsing through some CDs and films. At that point he was probably on about 55 grand a week, could have finished training booked the best hotel suit in Manchester, thrown snowballs of Coke at the most expensive hookers arse's. Instead he wanted to just browse HMV. Anyone who was ever a fan of HMV browsing will understand the simple pleasure it brings a man. That's when I thought to myself, he's sound as a pound that fella

Way more than a cult hero.

Too talented to be 'cult' anything.

I started following Everton because my (then girlfriend) wife got me watching week in and week out. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't something all consuming. This was for the 2009-2010 season.

Then in early 2011....this happened:

And I went mad. Jumping around our condo like a kid. That's when I became an Evertonian. That's when I knew.

Baines is brilliant.

A sensational player. Could have played in any side in Europe from 2008-14.

We've been lucky to have him and lucky that due to the likes Ashley Cole being around, the country seemed to take 3/4 years longer than it should have to realise he was a bit special. It's a shame his teammates/managers here weren't up to helping him collect a medal or two.

I hope he gets over the ankle issue, gets back to his best and wins something here before he retires.

Way more than a cult hero.

Too talented to be 'cult' anything.

I started following Everton because my (then girlfriend) wife got me watching week in and week out. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't something all consuming. This was for the 2009-2010 season.

Then in early 2011....this happened:

And I went mad. Jumping around our condo like a kid. That's when I became an Evertonian. That's when I knew.

Baines is brilliant.

I nearly fell over the edge of the Shed upper tier when that went in - scenes! Then we had the shoot out win with John Heitinga, Tim Howard and Phil Neville all performing heroics - more scenes! Then we got knocked out by Reading at home. Everton that...

Should have left to join Moyes at Man Utd for the good of his career.

But, in all seriousness, he's a top player, and him coming out against his manager last season was pivotal.

Very unlucky that Ashley Cole was as good as he was with regards to international caps as well in my opinion.

Ashley cole was never as good as baines

Baines is Baines. Simple as that, swerved the by money to be a legend. Not a cult hero. A legend.

I think to a fair extent baines has been massively under appreciated at the club. Always been a great player and played for the badge when he could have jumped ship at any time.

Even last season he stood up for the club when it would have been easier to just go along with it all. Proper blue and should be spoken of in the same or greater vein than Duncan.

Status
Not open for further replies.