BACK TO UMBRO

Status
Not open for further replies.
No they never, the club don't deal with this. Thats why we have Kitbag, any loss on non-sales comes out of their end.

Again, down to KitBag for last year, also Umbro and Nike

Again, Kitbag

No they don't

Not quite. If you break the 2 deals down we earn more money. A guaranteed £2.5m per season plus a percentage of any sales for EFC from KitBag. On the other hand Villa receive £15m for years (£3.75m per season), then start looking at distribution, overheads, over bought stock; thatr number will rapidly decrease.

What difference does it make, really?? The fact that a couple of people can't bounce round with a new kit on for a couple of weeks.

It's the difference between 1000s of potential sales of the new kit I would've thought

Your other points are wrong unless you're also saying it was Kitbag and not Everton who ditched Nike? Everything Kitbag do regarding Everton is signed off by Everton

It's the difference between 1000s of potential sales of the new kit I would've thought

Your other points are wrong unless you're also saying it was Kitbag and not Everton who ditched Nike? Everything Kitbag do regarding Everton is signed off by Everton

I doubt it very much, 1000's?? For an extra week or 2 wait. If people want the kit they will buy it, its a simple supply and demand scenario.

Kitbag are our commercial retailer, they handle all the sales, online, commercial etc etc; Kitbag will negotiate in conjunction with Everton with regards to the supplier (i.e. moving from Nike to Umbro) to get a better deal.

But the statements you made, stating the club over bought stock so they're selling it cheap, and the club are awful becasuse they're bringing the kit out late; nothing to do with Everton, its KitBag, its what they're there for

With the greatest of respect you're utterly clueless on this issue. Nike don't and never have allowed or encouraged large discounts on their merchandise, the reason we have gone from selling two kits for £15 like we did in 2012 to selling them for £30 now is Nike and possibly Kitbag. Nothing to do with Everton.

I doubt it very much, 1000's?? For an extra week or 2 wait. If people want the kit they will buy it, its a simple supply and demand scenario.

Kitbag are our commercial retailer, they handle all the sales, online, commercial etc etc; Kitbag will negotiate in conjunction with Everton with regards to the supplier (i.e. moving from Nike to Umbro) to get a better deal.

But the statements you made, stating the club over bought stock so they're selling it cheap, and the club are awful becasuse they're bringing the kit out late; nothing to do with Everton, its KitBag, its what they're there for

It's not 2 weeks though is it

Some clubs brought their new kits out at the end of May, ours isn't coming out for another month

With the greatest of respect you're utterly clueless on this issue. Nike don't and never have allowed or encouraged large discounts on their merchandise, the reason we have gone from selling two kits for £15 like we did in 2012 to selling them for £30 now is Nike and possibly Kitbag. Nothing to do with Everton.

Anything official to back that up or just your anti Nike agenda?

Liverpool have been making thousands every day since their new home kit came out. I work at a JD Sports and I'm asked several times a day when is the new Everton kit out and I just have to say "no idea." Whoever is to blame, it's a shambles that we haven't even released an image of the new kit yet to build excitement. We're doing ourselves out of money. Not a case of "a few people have to do without a kit for a few weeks."

Liverpool have been making thousands every day since their new home kit came out. I work at a JD Sports and I'm asked several times a day when is the new Everton kit out and I just have to say "no idea." Whoever is to blame, it's a shambles that we haven't even released an image of the new kit yet to build excitement. We're doing ourselves out of money. Not a case of "a few people have to do without a kit for a few weeks."

yea, I guess it's contractual issues. It's strange. I know it's going off topic but the late kit release combined with the late preseason announcement is strange. If it's a US tour, the later they leave it, fewer will attend. I'd love it if I could get a chance to see the blues this summer, preferably with a bit of notice and the option to buy the new jersey where ever they are playing and not having it shipped from England just to ship it back because I've misjudged how much burgers I've been eating!.

Nails it

It's not 2 weeks though is it

Some clubs brought their new kits out at the end of May, ours isn't coming out for another month

6 weeks, 2 months; no major shakes. Its not going to cost everton or kitbag anything, because those who want one will buy one when its available. Like I said, supply and demand.

Also you're missing the biggest factor in this equation, the fact we still had contractual responsibility with Nike

we are not doing ourselves out of money at all

I think you'll need to check the small print of the contract with Nike before saying its a shambles, a different sports manufacturer is taking work off them and you want the customer (evrrton) to advertise merchandise whilst your still officially contracted as that supplier

we are not doing ourselves out of money at all

I think you'll need to check the small print of the contract with Nike before saying its a shambles, a different sports manufacturer is taking work off them and you want the customer (evrrton) to advertise merchandise whilst your still officially contracted as that supplier
Also - things aren't to cozy between Nike and Umbro, since Nike [Poor language removed] them off the other year.

Status
Not open for further replies.