Match Thread Aston Villa vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll...

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost 24 hours on from that debacle, still fuming. Cowards. Am in NYC with work secondment and there were close to 150 blues in the Turnmill to witness that pathetic effort. Considering the output on display, that eleven do not deserve the support they get. Going for a walk to forget about that shower.
same, very angry

very annoyed as well that these footballers are so well paid, treated so well and yet you see the likes of mcginn busting a gut to run 90 yards to track digne and then in the 95th minute busting a gut to get forward to get an assist for el ghazy

our players are so lazy and despicable at times

I haven’t been this annoyed about an Everton performance for a long time.

That was pure embarrassment and players should be dropped and the system changed

Yes, the 'system' deployed was easily countered by one of the promoted sides. No doubt better sides, of which there are many, will have seen how easy it was to sit back and break once the Everton full backs have come forward - pass and break down the sides as the Everton central midfielders are slow, score by targeting M. Keane.

Can only hope Delph starts and stats fit, and Davies has his big chance now to get a permanent place if he can. Also think Sig needs a bench for at least a while.

What system do you reckon would work? Seen some suggestion of 442 or 343

I did say McGinn was boss ...

im a part time Hibs fan and when I go all the regulars told me he will make it at the very top, and having watched him myself on several occaisions I don't disagree

he would be perfect in our midfield

I fell asleep on the sofa just before the second half. Didn't we destroy Villa?

There's no resilience in the team and even I'm losing patience with DCL and I have really tried to stay positive over him.

Does anyone else think the team are reluctant to play the ball through the middle because they do not believe in DCL?

The one time Siggy played a through ball for DCL, his trailing leg caught the ball and he lost it and we did not play down the middle again until Iwobi and Kean came on.

Maybe the reason we play to the wing so much is because of how toothless we are up front?

We huffed and puffed, and continually passed the ball back and forth across their back line.

The so called finishing was CRIMINAL. Defensively, a shambles.

Villa took their 2 clear cut chances well, and good luck to them.

Kean and Iwobi came on too late to change anything, and Silva look clueless and passionless on the sidelines.

Normal service has been resumed, and see them struggling at Lincoln, next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.