Match Thread Aston Villa vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll...

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else think the team are reluctant to play the ball through the middle because they do not believe in DCL?

The one time Siggy played a through ball for DCL, his trailing leg caught the ball and he lost it and we did not play down the middle again until Iwobi and Kean came on.

Maybe the reason we play to the wing so much is because of how toothless we are up front?

Agree with you

Yes, the 'system' deployed was easily countered by one of the promoted sides. No doubt better sides, of which there are many, will have seen how easy it was to sit back and break once the Everton full backs have come forward - pass and break down the sides as the Everton central midfielders are slow, score by targeting M. Keane.

Can only hope Delph starts and stats fit, and Davies has his big chance now to get a permanent place if he can. Also think Sig needs a bench for at least a while.

What system do you reckon would work? Seen some suggestion of 442 or 343

4-3-3 or an adaptable 4-4-2. Even a Moyes 4-1-4-1 is tempting. We’re unrecognisable from the team that finished last season. Over half the team well below par.

I see Pepe starting got Arsenal today (even though they are getting tanked) yet we persist with DCL and Richy who clearly isn’t at it. Major issues with the balance in centre mid

Worst performance since a Koeman team.

The top 4 were useless and ineffective.
The two behind did nothing, how we missed Gana.

The back 4 were 'normal'.

The positves is that I much preffered the side that finished the game than the side that started the game.

Villa are relegation fodder. Shame on us.

Almost 24 hours on from that debacle, still fuming. Cowards. Am in NYC with work secondment and there were close to 150 blues in the Turnmill to witness that pathetic effort. Considering the output on display, that eleven do not deserve the support they get. Going for a walk to forget about that shower.

The Mrs. and I were there too - snuck out of work. Crap game notwithstanding, hope you enjoyed Turnmill - place gets wild when we do well.

No more Schneiderlin or Walcott! They are both terrible and should be ignored for good! The rest must start doing better. We were poor against a team I believe will be relegated, but we still should have got something. Toothless untill the changes in the 2nd half!

I watched this "live" on a flight from Brisbane to Wellington. End of a long day including a few beers. Flight was packed, women and children all around. Watching that game and lack of cutting edge got more and more frustrating as he game went on. Imo I showed remarkable restraint in not swearing once, or shouting (too loud) and not kicking the seat in front, so Im giving MotM to myself.

I watched this "live" on a flight from Brisbane to Wellington. End of a long day including a few beers. Flight was packed, women and children all around. Watching that game and lack of cutting edge got more and more frustrating as he game went on. Imo I showed remarkable restraint in not swearing once, or shouting (too loud) and not kicking the seat in front, so Im giving MotM to myself.

Wello is quality for craft beers! Drown your sorrows

This is a bit off-piste but I was impressed with how vociferous the Villa fans were in support of their players. I can see Villa Park being something of a fortress for them this season.

lol
Well Matty 1878, you must have slated every fan that had a bad word against our team and management. This performance deserved action against us as
a team. There should be a 'Flypast' every day next week over Finch Farm, There should be at least a noisy 'Statement' outside Goodison on the
arrival of management and board. I also suggest that instead of building a new 'Boys Pen' at Bramley Moore give the spare cash to Bury & Bolton,
after all we are the 'Do gooders'. In my opinion Fridays game was the worst performance from Everton in more than 60 years of watching us./QUOTE]

Anyone watch those 'behind the scenes' videos from Finch farm.

All very impressive, the players are weighed, measured, electronically monitored, and fed vitamins via an intravenous drip.

Brilliant we all think, and then the ref blows the whistle to start the game.

:rant:

Just don't look match sharp, much like first half of last season...

Villa were always going to be more than up for this to attain their first points.

It worrying we were not or appeared to be expecting villa's desire. Their first goal was well planned in mid week...

Status
Not open for further replies.