Match Thread Aston Villa vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll...

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I’d leave it a few days for some of you to calm down . I have been reading the comments on here and it’s seems a lot of you are concentrating on how bad Everton were. I never got to watch the game, but can a case be made for Villa playing well and you just got beat by the better team on the night? Could we take any credit for the win, or were Everton that bad. I really didn’t expect the win if I’m being honest, but it’s a great result for us. I also keep reading on our forum how good the villa fans got behind the team, which is a huge positive for us too.

Villa thoroughly deserved to win the game, 2 real chances and took them well.

The crowd were up for it, and good luck for the rest of the season.

Please note, if you're still considering who to vote for...
This MotM poll closes at 10.04pm on Tuesday ahead of the Carabao Cup tie away to Lincoln on Wednesday ;) ;)

In the cold light of day, with results around us this was more of a frustrating result than catastrophic - it leaves us on the same points as Chelsea and United which isn’t bad, but I can’t help but feel Palace and Villa were real missed opportunities for us
Just wanted to write the same

Thought I’d leave it a few days for some of you to calm down . I have been reading the comments on here and it’s seems a lot of you are concentrating on how bad Everton were. I never got to watch the game, but can a case be made for Villa playing well and you just got beat by the better team on the night? Could we take any credit for the win, or were Everton that bad. I really didn’t expect the win if I’m being honest, but it’s a great result for us. I also keep reading on our forum how good the villa fans got behind the team, which is a huge positive for us too.
Sorry no bias whatsoever but Villa looked a mediocre team, well organised and defended deep for much of the game, in fact gave up attacking for most of the second half and concentrated holding on to their lead. We were very poor in most area’s of the team, hopefully you caught us on a very bad day.

I don’t think Villa are in any danger of being in trouble, but being a big club like us, in the past, you must long for really better days than not being in danger of a relegation fight, the same as us.

Sorry no bias whatsoever but Villa looked a mediocre team, well organised and defended deep for much of the game, in fact gave up attacking for most of the second half and concentrated holding on to their lead. We were very poor in most area’s of the team, hopefully you caught us on a very bad day.

I don’t think Villa are in any danger of being in trouble, but being a big club like us, in the past, you must long for really better days than not being in danger of a relegation fight, the same as us.
Well I’d settle for mediocre this season . People can go on about the money we’ve spent, but we had to, and it takes time to gel as a team. If this team can hold its own in this division then I only see us getting better as the seasons come by. The ultimate goal is to challenge the top 6, and why not. We are a very big club with a history second to none. We also have the finances . First though, it’s all about learning to walk before we run.

Status
Not open for further replies.