Match Thread Aston Villa vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll...

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do posters on here always insist that most opposition teams we play are "relegation fodder", and insist that we should be battering them, only to then say that we are rubbish? On last night's performance I would say that Villa have a good side that will be unlucky to find themselves anywhere near relegation at season's end. There are no easy games in the Premier League.

My twopence on last night is the following: Defence is ok, midfield very poor and attack is also very poor.

No way can you have three midfielders who refuse to get beyond the centre-forward. There is an imaginary border-wall that
stops them attacking and only lets them pass to the full-backs. Siggi unfortunately looks to be either out-of -form or finished and
Morgan is not good enough.

Regarding the attack, Bernard is incapable of going on the outside and complicates things. He needs Digne to do anything. And DCL
is an athlete, fast and good in the air but is... sub-standard.

Time for Silva to get imaginative, radical and earn his salary

My twopence on last night is the following: Defence is ok, midfield very poor and attack is also very poor.

No way can you have three midfielders who refuse to get beyond the centre-forward. There is an imaginary border-wall that
stops them attacking and only lets them pass to the full-backs. Siggi unfortunately looks to be either out-of -form or finished and
Morgan is not good enough.

Regarding the attack, Bernard is incapable of going on the outside and complicates things. He needs Digne to do anything. And DCL
is an athlete, fast and good in the air but is... sub-standard.

Time for Silva to get imaginative, radical and earn his salary
nail

on

head

Think we have a team of Stuart 'jigsaw' Barlows- go to pieces in the box. Joking apart, a very similar performance as Palace, loads of possesion but no end product.

Having slept on it, I am staying level headed with this defeat. Two good goal scoring opportunities which really should have done better, and one off the post... Could have all been different. Looked better second half when Kean and Iwobi came on. Will see how it all looks after 10 games.

It's going to take a few games before the new players are fit and bed in, before Richarlison gets match sharp. But it is probably time for siggy to not be an automatic starter. Should consider iwobi behind Kean. More direct, can take players on and can switch with Bernard and Richarlison. Would be more dynamic

It's going to take a few games before the new players are fit and bed in, before Richarlison gets match sharp. But it is probably time for siggy to not be an automatic starter. Should consider iwobi behind Kean. More direct, can take players on and can switch with Bernard and Richarlison. Would be more dynamic

This really, with DCL and Walcott warming a bench somewhere.....

Why do posters on here always insist that most opposition teams we play are "relegation fodder", and insist that we should be battering them, only to then say that we are rubbish? On last night's performance I would say that Villa have a good side that will be unlucky to find themselves anywhere near relegation at season's end. There are no easy games in the Premier League.
Team should have been adjusted to deal with the fact they have the ability to counter quickly. Gbamin would have helped with his pace no doubt but Schneiderlin and Gomes in the middle was simply too slow and lackadaisical. Throw in Sigurdsson’s refusal to drop in, get on the ball and pass it about a bit we were always going to struggle. This formation seems to work better against the big boys but against teams like Villa, Watford, Palace we’ve massively struggled with it.

Sleepwalking through that one yesterday. I hope Silva shows some passion and benches a couple of his favorites especially our luxury player. No end product because of no link up play. Let's change it up before it becomes dire.

Can we be real a sec?

It was obvious from the first minute that the idea was to suck their fullbacks in with Richy and Bernard, and exploit the space with Coleman and Digne. Andre Gomes ventured forward to support Siggy, where Morgs dropped back to fill the fullback position when the overlap occurred. AG's head dropped after 4 or 5 misplaced passes, and I think he naturally fell back as to give himself room to grow back into the game - only issue is that this is the PL where no yard isn't covered so you can't really do that.

Heads went down after 1-0. On another day DCL would have slotted it in to make it 1-1, but he didn't.

I'm not going to lose sleep over this. 35 games to go. I'm under no illusions that we're still undercooked, but I do feel like we can take 7th comfortably.

Status
Not open for further replies.