Arteta - Next Everton Manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact he's admittedly said he wanted a game to stop doesn't concern anyone?

If he bottled it with Arsenal, he most definitely did with us.

We didn't win away to any of the top four the whole time he was with us, not entirely his fault but would have been a contributing factor. He was our best player and someone other players would have looked up to.

Transfer that mindset to a manager?

Being stuck

We didn't win away to any of the top four the whole time he was with us, not entirely his fault but would have been a contributing factor. He was our best player and someone other players would have looked up to.

we had what was like a mental block when arteta was playing for us, that world's best psychologists would have probably struggled to fix.its not fixed yet even but on the way to being healed. Just beat them and the bad hoodoo will be gone banished.
Crabman for me was ok but I think he was massively overrated by some.

1) we have a good manager now so why talk of a new manager
2) he wouldn't be our new manager anyway
3) he didn't even say anything that bad tbf

Agreed.

I don’t know why the OP is getting himself exercised over that article at all.

Except for the fact the fellow writing the article seems to be a complete RS sycophant.

Plus, I cannot think of any Anfield hammerings wee Mikky took in his Everton days.

From memory they were always very tight games, even the ones we lost.

The fact Arteta supported them as a kid is all you need to know.

So did Peter Reid.

According to his mar the young Peter cried when we won the league in 1970.

Big Dave Watson another club legend who grew up supporting them :)

It's tough to get excited about an offence that it seems virtually everyone significant in the world of football has committed at one stage or another. I've lost count of the number of variants on this theme I've seen this year. Seems to get worse with each passing season.

Turning an utter heap of stadium into what at times feels like the most mythologised/ awed structure in the history of humanity....it really is a hell of a piece of propoganda they've pulled off there.

It's self propagating now, sadly. Decades of indoctrination have achieved their aim. Reality matters not.

Every player and manager we ever have from now on will almost certainly be quoted at some stage saying something reverential about the pit. Ignoring it is the only option open to us.

The only question worth any discussion here is why we (the rest of football) let things get to this stage.

Can’t see we need a new manager should Silva continued this good form from March onwards. He deserves next season to show what he can do with this squad.

No, Arsenal were awful, they were absolutely battered in the first half of that game, they didn’t know what had hit them. Can’t blame him, especially there of all places

I was never a fan of Arteta's to begin with.

He never really showed up in the big games and from what I saw myself, didn't appear to have a great manner with fans, that may have been taken out of context at the time but still.

He hasn't done anything of particular note to be a serious contender for a PL job, ours included, if there was ever a vacancy in the near future.

That's not how I remember it at all. I remember him scoring absolute screamers from outside the penalty box against Liverpool, Villarreal, and Fiorientina; games that were considered the biggest games of our season at the time.

As for his comments about playing at Anfield, they're hardly revelationary comments. Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger have made similar comments in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.