Arteta - Next Everton Manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've started a thread regarding a player, a fan favourite, who many have touted as a future manager, where he has essentially said "please stop the game" as he completely bottled it playing our biggest rivals.

I felt it highlighted the weak mentality during our trophy less years and would not want anyone like that near our management team.

I've started a thread regarding a player, a fan favourite, who many have touted as a future manager, where he has essentially said "please stop the game" as he completely bottled it playing our biggest rivals.

I felt it highlighted the weak mentality during our trophy less years and would not want anyone like that near our management team.
Well I for one thank you for it Phil. It's always good to be reminded that there are people out there who are stupider than me.

Well I for one thank you for it Phil. It's always good to be reminded that there are people out there who are stupider than me.

Can you explain why you felt the need to comment that, never mind even comment in this thread at all?

71MyvuO8BoL._SL1500_.jpg

But what about when he's been touted by a few Everton fans to be a future manager for us?
I'll worry about it fully when the manager position opens up and Arteta is the main candidate for the job.

I do not think that Arteta will be our manager in the short to medium term (say 3 years?). He will need successful top level managerial experience in the actual role as boss before I'd consider him, even if his assistant role is under Pep who may well be the best in the business at the moment. If he is the manager or coach at a good level in one of the main leagues and knows how to beat all comers then let's see what happens.

I'll worry about it fully when the manager position opens up and Arteta is the main candidate for the job.

I do not think that Arteta will be our manager in the short to medium term (say 3 years?). He will need successful top level managerial experience in the actual role as boss before I'd consider him, even if his assistant role is under Pep who may well be the best in the business at the moment. If he is the manager or coach at a good level in one of the main leagues and knows how to beat all comers then let's see what happens.

I agree, he'll potentially move to another prem or Spanish team to establish himself as a manager - but even then I wouldn't want someone in charge who as quoted:

"It is very difficult to beat them (Liverpool)," he told Marca. "Also, in my playing career, Anfield was the only ground where in which I had the feeling of ‘pájara’, of being stuck.

"Barça surprise me by the form of some of their goals, but at Anfield you can concede five without knowing."

Seeing as we haven't won their in decades now - thought it wasn't good to hear from one of our best players in recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.