Are we stronger now than when we finished the season?

IS THETEAM STRONGER?

• YES

Votes: 194 47.9%
  • NO

Votes: 69 17.0%
  • KINDA MAYBE POSSIBLY WHO REALLY KNOWS LAD

Votes: 142 35.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we will be stronger. Gomes and Bernard and Mina all having a proper pre season, Iwobi is going to prove a good signing and will provide competition in the wide and No 10 roles. I’m hopeful Gbabin will slot in well Morgan has looked better under Silva and Delph provides much better cover than last season. Then we have a potential Jewel in the crown with Kean along with DCL who is developing nicely. We have more flexibility to switch formation during a game. Finally if our new signings turn out as good as the 1st batch which brands delivered I think we could create a bit of a stir. Sky 6 watch out

I think we are stronger in all areas bar CB. We deffo need one if not two in Jan.

It’s clear Mina and Keane will be first choice, which is fine. Just need Holgate to step up.

Good flexibility up front now - if Kean or DCL aren’t working at least we can move Richarlison up top with Iwobi and Bernard out wide.

I think we will be stronger. Gomes and Bernard and Mina all having a proper pre season, Iwobi is going to prove a good signing and will provide competition in the wide and No 10 roles. I’m hopeful Gbabin will slot in well Morgan has looked better under Silva and Delph provides much better cover than last season. Then we have a potential Jewel in the crown with Kean along with DCL who is developing nicely. We have more flexibility to switch formation during a game. Finally if our new signings turn out as good as the 1st batch which brands delivered I think we could create a bit of a stir. Sky 6 watch out
That made an interesting read until you wrote that”...DCL who is developing nicely”. You really let yourself down there. We prefer honest appraisals rather than deluded wishful thinking.

We have the potential to be much stronger.... but, will our new signings be able to realise their potential.

The weaknesses are obvious. We have lost Gueye and Zouma..
The biggest weakness is not replacing Zouma at all. We have two midfield signings that we hope will be as good or even better than Gueye.
Lookman was peripheral since he signed so I regard his loss as minimal. He was a fans favourite without ever really doing much.

The potential strengths are many.

Lossl, a very good quality reserve keeper, if Pickford were to get injured this season I think we have a better replacement than we had last season.

Sidibe : is an experienced international and if he can reproduce his best form could arguably even force his way into the team ahead of Seamus... that is serious competition for both of them.

Delph : experienced at the highest level and will bring far more to the squad than just what we see on the pitch. Anybody that as much football under Pep as he did cannot be a bad player.

Gbamin : one of the unknowns, I never heard of him, have never seen him play and I would guess that goes for most on here. Still very young and if proves to be a good premiership player that certainly makes us stronger.

Gomes : we had him last year and it took several months to get fit and get settled, proved to be a huge asset for us. Losing him would have been a big loss.

Iwobi : I think this fellow will prove to be the best signing of all seven. A player that I rate, a player that when he is good can be extremely difficult to mark, a bit inconsistent but still very young. If he can score eight or nine goals this season and can be more consistent in his play I think he could double his value in a season.

Kean : I hope he can live up to the expectations that some have for him, I cannot help but feel it will take him longer to settle because he is so young and doesn't appear to speak English. He needs to be given time, but as usual will probably be written off by some before October.

DCL, Davies are a year older and hopefully will contribute more.
We can only hope that Richarlison, Dignes, Bernard, Keane, Sigurdsson,Coleman can carry on where they left off last season.

We could be much , much stronger but we will have to wait a few months to see exactly where we are.

Similar to last season I would not be surprised if we are better after Christmas than before as the new faces take time to settle.

That made an interesting read until you wrote that”...DCL who is developing nicely”. You really let yourself down there. We prefer honest appraisals rather than deluded wishful thinking.
Fair point maybe I was been a bit generous regarding that but I still feel he could have a say playing 2 up top coming off the bench in tight games.

We're definitely not stronger. Lost our best player and replaced him with potential in Gbamin, no convincing winger, and we are 2 mistimed tackles from a centre back pairing of Gibson and Holgate. That said, I'm excited to see what Kean can do up top and having Gomes fit from the get go can only be a good thing. Either way if we tank Palace tomorrow then smash the RS ten nil home and away I'm happy

We're definitely not stronger. Lost our best player and replaced him with potential in Gbamin, no convincing winger, and we are 2 mistimed tackles from a centre back pairing of Gibson and Holgate. That said, I'm excited to see what Kean can do up top and having Gomes fit from the get go can only be a good thing. Either way if we tank Palace tomorrow then smash the RS ten nil home and away I'm happy
What score is it now mate ?

If Big Mic and Mina stay of health, our back line could be a force. Once again Mina gave me a load of hope with his play for Columbia :)

I know I will get slated but...
Just watching the RS
Their pressing and ability to stick a foot in and win the ball back is amazing
Their defence is so comfortable on the ball
And I’m not going to mention their attack

And no I’m not a RS
I’m an Evertonian for 60 years

I just think we still have so much still to do to catch the Barstewards

Just hopeful we can win a cup this year

Status
Not open for further replies.