Are we stronger now than when we finished the season?

IS THETEAM STRONGER?

• YES

Votes: 194 47.9%
  • NO

Votes: 69 17.0%
  • KINDA MAYBE POSSIBLY WHO REALLY KNOWS LAD

Votes: 142 35.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

100% splinters. I've never seen Gbamin play and I can't read the future to know if we'll pick up defensive injuries. I just don't like that we've left a lot to luck.
I was splinters but it's the unknown aspect that dragged me to say no. The quality anf depth just isn't apparent on paper for me in crucial positions.

I think, overall, we are stronger. Central defence might bite us on the backside if we have long term injuries or suspensions to more than one of our first choices at the same time, we will see. What I do like is that the squad seems to finally be evolving into a mix of guile and some big pacy athletic players after years of having a relatively small of stature one paced players.
Not expecting us to pull up trees but I am expecting us to make steady progress and finish much closer to the top 6.

If we had signed any kind of CB i would have said yes, but losing Zouma and Jags, i know he only played a handful of games, its still massive. Hope we are top 7 at last in January and then in Zouma and push for top 4

Assuming Rojo is the final one for the window, poses the question, is our team stronger now than the team that finished the season?

*Please commence operation accuse everyone of bedwetting.

Squad - definitely stronger

First choice team - It's debatable, we've lost Zouma and Gueye, but gained Kean and Gbamin, so it's hard to call, it's probably slightly stronger, but I'm sure Brands or Silva would have been aiming for a net gain of 2 or 3 stronger first teamers to push us on, so they'll be disappointed with the outcome.

Potentially we are better than last year.

There is no doubt that at the centre of our defence we are weaker, no Zouma and Gana is a major loss. Mina has the potential to be very good but he hasn't been yet. Keane worked well with Zouma but struggled when it was him and Mina. This is a worry. Holgate and Gibson are inexperienced and will always be a risk.
Gana is a big hole to fill.
Up top we are definitely better and this is were the biggest potential lies, a front thre from Kean, Beanard, Richarleson or Awobie could reek havoc.
The season awaits.

Potentially we are better than last year.

There is no doubt that at the centre of our defence we are weaker, no Zouma and Gana is a major loss. Mina has the potential to be very good but he hasn't been yet. Keane worked well with Zouma but struggled when it was him and Mina. This is a worry. Holgate and Gibson are inexperienced and will always be a risk.
Gana is a big hole to fill.
Up top we are definitely better and this is were the biggest potential lies, a front thre from Kean, Beanard, Richarleson or Awobie could reek havoc.
The season awaits.
When did he struggle exactly? I've heard this elsewhere, but I'm not sure I remember that.

Kean and iwobi added. Richy another year older. Definitely stronger up front. Going to go on a scoring spree to start with. However no gana or zooms mean we'll concede a good few. Silva will start to feel the pressure from a smirking bfs giving it large on talk sport after a heavy defeat by spurs and he will resort to negative defensive anti football which will stop the rot and we will finish 9th.

I think it’s hard to not argue that we’re stronger. We have a new forward and playmaker/winger with better cover in both goal and right back.

Gueye has been replaced on paper, we will see how that goes, so the only real issue is the centre of defence; one aspect should not negate the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.