Appiah

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we were ever going to sign him it would have been last summer i think, hoping for a younge player in that position and i beleive he has recently has a cpomplicated injury which stopped him playing.

Bit of a Papa Bouba Diop type of player whenever i've watched him, the injuries would be a bit of a worry but if the price is right i'd take him

Oh really, why then do all the bigger teams use a disiplined defensive midfielder? Makelele at Chelsea, Masherano at Liverpool, Hargreaves at Man utd, Flamini at Arsenal. Even the mighty Brazil use and or even sometimes two holding midfielders. I could name alot more teams aswell.

So no it's not all balls. Successful teams use disiliplined holding midfield players so we should copy.

Have you ever watched Appiah? He's the most attacking out of Ghana three top midfielders. I'd put him in the box to box role but he's alot more attacking than he is defensive.

Tall? He's about 5ft 10. As I've said we could get better options.

One of the best midfield partnership the Premiership has ever had is Viera and Petit. They were complete midfielders that could do everything.

Hargreaves played at right back as much as he did at centre midfield last season. Makele- how many games did he play?

look all im saying is that a combatitive midfield player like Appiah would suit us well in my opinion. 5'10" Isnt the tallest but its taller than we have.

Feels like we've been linked with him for as long as Riquelme. Where's he playing these days? Always seems to play well for Ghana but hasn't hit the big time in club football.

IIRC, his contract was cancelled by Fenerbache (?) because of the heart problem/blood clot issue. I don't remember all the details but I think that was the overall jist of it.

Gattuso is 5'9 yet he puts himself about and is often stronger then players alot taller then him. You don't need to be tall to challenge for the ball.

Appi is a good player but he is injured and nobody knows when he turn back. Fenerbahce wants to release him and already sling his contract but he doesnt want to leave Istanbul. And says; "I will back."

He played with Mehmet Aurelio in Fenerbahce. Aurelio plays more defensively and Appi plays more offensively. His battery never run out. He can running till the last whistle.

Status
Not open for further replies.