Appiah

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknick

Player Valuation: £70m
This is one cat I would definitely love to see in the Royal blue. I think he would compliment our side wonderfully:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11854_3865096,00.html

stephen_appiah_wl%7E2.jpg

yup, he would be a fantastic signing (along with moutinho, fernandes and bent) *drools*

Over Manny or Moutinho.......not a chance.

He's not a defensive midfielder either so he wouldn't replace Carsley.

Just read that he hasn't played since before xmas due to a blood clot in his knee... That's a new one for me - anyone know if that's a recurring problem or even if it's something that can be fully recovered from?...

Over Manny or Moutinho.......not a chance.

He's not a defensive midfielder either so he wouldn't replace Carsley.

What is this all about defensive midfielders?! Its all balls, if you have a good all round central midfield player that is equally as good at getting forward as he is to tackling and retaining possesion that is worth two defensive mids.

Appiah is a beast of a man- tall, strong, good in the air, strong in the tackle and can pass- perfect.

this is exactly the type of player that we might sign. the sort that no one has mentioned (until now) but would fit right in to the team.

i don't do the medicals but was there something about heart trouble with him?

What is this all about defensive midfielders?! Its all balls, if you have a good all round central midfield player that is equally as good at getting forward as he is to tackling and retaining possesion that is worth two defensive mids.

Appiah is a beast of a man- tall, strong, good in the air, strong in the tackle and can pass- perfect.

Oh really, why then do all the bigger teams use a disiplined defensive midfielder? Makelele at Chelsea, Masherano at Liverpool, Hargreaves at Man utd, Flamini at Arsenal. Even the mighty Brazil use and or even sometimes two holding midfielders. I could name alot more teams aswell.

So no it's not all balls. Successful teams use disiliplined holding midfield players so we should copy.

Have you ever watched Appiah? He's the most attacking out of Ghana three top midfielders. I'd put him in the box to box role but he's alot more attacking than he is defensive.

Tall? He's about 5ft 10. As I've said we could get better options.

Oh really, why then do all the bigger teams use a disiplined defensive midfielder? Makelele at Paris Saint-Germaine, Masherano at Liverpool, Hargreaves at Man utd, Flamini at AC Milan. Even the mighty Brazil use and or even sometimes two holding midfielders. I could name alot more teams aswell.

So no it's not all balls. Successful teams use disiliplined holding midfield players so we should copy.

Have you ever watched Appiah? He's the most attacking out of Ghana three top midfielders. I'd put him in the box to box role but he's alot more attacking than he is defensive.

Makelele and Flamini are no longer at their clubs so I've corrected that for you.

I'd say Appiah was a tenacious midfielder, he could definitely do a job defensively if they were his set instructions. I think to get the best out of Appiah though you have to let him play his own game, get the boot in and make things happen. Appiah does that and would be a great signing for us as we don't have anyone like that.

Although I wouldn't sign him until he's played a couple of months worth of football. he's injured at the moment isn't he?

Oh really, why then do all the bigger teams use a disiplined defensive midfielder? Makelele at Chelsea, Masherano at Liverpool, Hargreaves at Man utd, Flamini at Arsenal. Even the mighty Brazil use and or even sometimes two holding midfielders. I could name alot more teams aswell.

Sorry but he is a defensive midfielder.I have watched him for a number of seasons and on his day he is the real deal.but the older he has got the injuries keep coming back.slide him and arteta in centre midfield and take a chance on "moses from crystal palace"on the right?2 big risks but isnt everton a risk at the moment:dodgy:

Feels like we've been linked with him for as long as Riquelme. Where's he playing these days? Always seems to play well for Ghana but hasn't hit the big time in club football.

Feels like we've been linked with him for as long as Riquelme. Where's he playing these days? Always seems to play well for Ghana but hasn't hit the big time in club football.

He's been out injured with that blood clot to his knee I think, the same one that stopped us from buying him last season. :oops:

Makelele and Flamini are no longer at their clubs so I've corrected that for you.

I'd say Appiah was a tenacious midfielder, he could definitely do a job defensively if they were his set instructions. I think to get the best out of Appiah though you have to let him play his own game, get the boot in and make things happen. Appiah does that and would be a great signing for us as we don't have anyone like that.

He lacks disipline. His game is all about energy and powerful running. Because of this he leaves gaps in midfield which opposition midfielders can exploit. Gerrard does it as do Barton and Cahill.

If you told him to sit and defend he'd be wasted. It's like Chelsea putting Essien in the Makelele role, it wouldn't happen.

In alot of away games you need a defensive midfielder and especially a team like us who doesn't dominate possession. We have players who lose the ball and concede possession which puts us on the back foot.

Appiah is a decent player, nothing more nothing less. He's like Cahill with a bit more composure and quality. He's an attacking midfielder and we could do alot better.

As I've said I'd have Fernandes and Moutinho over him any day of the week, far better players.

i watch appiah play for ghana against korea at the (wait for it dylan!) seould world cup stadium (there- that was just for you~!) and he was for sure defensive midfield.

oh.. he was superb as well. i have pics to prove it! lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.