Anyone who thinks Victor is lazy....

Status
Not open for further replies.
He played well. If it wasn't for Sidwell he'd be man of the match. lol Maybe he was really injured, I don't know.

...watch today's match ;)

I don't think he is lazy, no more than Yak. I think he lacks the pace, not only with his feet, but with his mind.

What we saw today was probably his limit. While it was good and fair play to him for coming back into the fray. He is still not doing enough to persuade Moyes to promote him ahead of Jo, Saha or Yak when they are available.

I don't think he is lazy, no more than Yak. I think he lacks the pace, not only with his feet, but with his mind.

What we saw today was probably his limit. While it was good and fair play to him for coming back into the fray. He is still not doing enough to persuade Moyes to promote him ahead of Jo, Saha or Yak when they are available.

To be fair to Vic, it would be tough for most premiership strikers to be picked ahead of Yakubu, a fit Saha and maybe Jo if he continues as he started. He did a very good job today, there's no doubt his strength is a handful, more so than any of our other attackers.

thing is Welts... cuts both ways that one... by watching today's match, people can see what he should have been doing all season.

fingers crossed this little episode has sorted his head out and we'll be seeing today's Vic from now on

I guess so yeah. I personally don't see why he's had so much criticism this season. Sure, he's not set the world alight, but he's not been as bad as some people have been making out.

Today he was excellent though, so yep fingers crossed it's a sign of things to come...

To be fair to those that have called him for his lack of effort (not me), I'm guessing Vic played this game after Moyes booted him up the ass. So it makes sense that we saw Victor really getting involved.

To be fair to those that have called him for his lack of effort (not me), I'm guessing Vic played this game after Moyes booted him up the ass. So it makes sense that we saw Victor really getting involved.

I don't think he lacks effort. I just think he lacks ability and attitude.

I'm proud of Vic today and he played a blinder. I think Moyes has got in his head a bit. No doubting in the past he either lacked pace or couldn't be bothered. Hopefully this is coming out party I just don't see Vaughan or Saha ever being consistently fit. I hope i'm proved wrong.

Great match today, 2 assists. And he held the ball up alot. But as someone above says...theres no point having a great match when he needs it - and play utter crap the other times. He needs consistency.

Decent effort from Vic today. Well decent.

He's just so much more effective when he stays on his feet - I don't know why he doesn't do it more often.

That is the sort of performance he is more than capeable of.....given the chance which he doesnt get. Some people are too quick to jump on a youngsters back when he doesnt put a performance in.

Great match today, 2 assists. And he held the ball up alot. But as someone above says...theres no point having a great match when he needs it - and play utter crap the other times. He needs consistency.

This little incident with Moyes could be the making of Victor. That's what I'm hoping anyway. Despite what some say, he is a damned good footballer. He might not be at the level of Saha or Yakubu, but he good enough for his place in the first team squad.

So time to get behind him and show him he's loved :eek:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.