Anyone who thinks Victor is lazy....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm inclined to think that Moyes regards Cahill as a striker now. He's been so effective in the role that it would be odd to see him moved anywhere else now. So with him, Yakubu, Saha, maybe Jo, hopefully Vaughan it would seem like an opportunity to give Vic and Lukas a spell on loan. If we get Jo I'd like to see Vaughan go too, get some games in and learn how to control his talents a bit more.

It really helped Ossie when he went to Derby some years ago. Moyes will be scratching his head next year putting the players in the right spots. I agree with Cahill I really always thought of him as a out and out striker so his emergence hasn't surprised me that much. 2 million what a bargain for Moyes.

When it came to turning and taking players on and creating space for himself, this was the best match I've seen him have for us.

It was like the Villa defense was standing still. That was how good his acceleration was today.

We're getting to a stage where Moyes has some real selection headaches. Will Rodwell be pushing Neville for the holding role? Where does Fellaini fit into the side? Can Pienaar displace Gosling?

We've seen Yobo displaced by the great form of Baines and it might be that some other big name guys are pushed to the bench. Great to see such competition for places.

We're getting to a stage where Moyes has some real selection headaches. Will Rodwell be pushing Neville for the holding role? Where does Fellaini fit into the side? Can Pienaar displace Gosling?

We've seen Yobo displaced by the great form of Baines and it might be that some other big name guys are pushed to the bench. Great to see such competition for places.

Imagine when everybodys fit, i really feel for poor Davey then, his head will explode. Its ******* wonderful, as you say so much competion in every single postion, apart from maybe GK, i think Timmy has got that locked down. And possibly Arteta, everybody else must fight for a place.

Yes indeedy......

Gosling for his youth does give you the width we have missed for some time. Still lots to learn and he seemed gassed by games end but he give you that element that can cause defenders fits.

Now THIS is the Victor I've wanted to see all season. He was like this for much of the beginning of last season and I was honestly beginning to think he had lost interest recently. Today he was strong, agile, and for much of the game stayed on his ******* feet! That's all he really needs to do.

Can't understand what has been up with him, but today proved that he has the ability and needs to show it more.

Vic plays an interesting way. When the defence have the ball he's a centre forward rather than a winger as the direct balls often go his way. When the build up is more patient though he often drifts right and stays there when defending.

It was an interesting formation today because at times Neville seemed the right midfielder. It was a tad worrying that Young had 1 on 1's with Hibbert a few times due to there not being a right sided midfielder to track back but Hibbo generally did well against him.

Vic plays an interesting way. When the defence have the ball he's a centre forward rather than a winger as the direct balls often go his way. When the build up is more patient though he often drifts right and stays there when defending.

It was an interesting formation today because at times Neville seemed the right midfielder. It was a tad worrying that Young had 1 on 1's with Hibbert a few times due to there not being a right sided midfielder to track back but Hibbo generally did well against him.

I couldn't figure out how we where lined up, I thought it was 4-3-2-1 but I could be wrong. Neville seemed to be playing on the right of a midfield three but then so did Victor who was also playing wide but in a more advanced position.

Victor plays similar to Dirk Kuyt at Liverpool, interchanges between right and central positions. He's got alot more pace and power though. I really do think that could be his position, more of a wing forward than a out and out striker.

Im still undecided.

It was a good shift today and for me, he still needs to do more.

His positioning was strange at times, a more switched-on striker would have probably had the same impact but we'd be crowing louder about it. He made two great runs, one deft touch to get the penalty; but he cant finish to save his life. And thats why he'll move on in the off season.

He's gt power, he's got pace but the kid's got no real desire, and no finish to his play.

Maybe Moyes will stick with him, but we need someone deadly in the box. There were a few times there his lay-offs were way too late. He could have teed up Rodwell earlier, and his outside of the boot cross to Cahill got through Davis pretty jammily.

He looks like he's always whining too. I don't like it.

To me Neville needs to be dropped as was the weakest link today,

Once Fellani is back Neville should be rested.

-------------- Howard ----------------

Hibbert -------- Jags --------- Lescott -------- Baines

Arteta ------- Rodwell --------- Fellani --------- Gosling/Pienaar

------------ Cahill ---------

----------------------------------- Jo -------------

Arteta on the Right just doesnt work, and Neville is doing great so far. Besides, he wont be dropped for a 17 year old as long as moyes is still manager.

I couldn't figure out how we where lined up, I thought it was 4-3-2-1 but I could be wrong. Neville seemed to be playing on the right of a midfield three but then so did Victor who was also playing wide but in a more advanced position.

Victor plays similar to Dirk Kuyt at Liverpool, interchanges between right and central positions. He's got alot more pace and power though. I really do think that could be his position, more of a wing forward than a out and out striker.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcAqR-Hs9II[/media]

I appreciate that is your opinion. But I am glad it is only your opinion.

Pip is doing something within the team, and I applaud him for it.

When you do not notice him, it means that the team is playing well. When you notice him we are normally having howlers.

Status
Not open for further replies.