Anyone else excited for the upcoming season?

Are you confident of a good season for 19/20?

• Yes

Votes: 154 62.3%
  • No

Votes: 58 23.5%
  • Fence flavoured cheese on toast.

Votes: 35 14.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moshiri made mistakes with recruitment so brought in Brands to do it for him. Moshiri is learning on the job but the good thing about him is if he makes a mistake he’ll pay whatever the cost to try and rectify it. He’s not in front of the tv camera gushing ‘what a manager’ after two consecutive bottom half finishes.
I made this point earlier that Moshiri does try to rectify his mistakes and hopefully Brands swift rise to the board is an admission by Moshiri that the football side of affairs should be left to those with the football experience ;)

Not in the slightest. Our best defender has gone and unlikely to come back. We're spending most of our budget on Mr Average Gomes. We can't shift any of the deadwood so the likes of Martina, Sandro + Mirallas will still be around the squad. Oh and the reds will probably compete for the title and win another trophy whilst we celebrate compete with Wolves for 7th and getting knocked out in the early stages of the cups. Atleast we might see an artists impression of the new stadium though lads!
You're far, far too obvious. Just FYI like.

No, not in the slightest really. It's another 7th at best job.

I will get excited when I see work actually begin on Bramley Moore.

No, not in the slightest really. It's another 7th at best job.

I will get excited when I see work actually begin on Bramley Moore.
This is why im mostly interested in the cups, and Silva has to be as well, even if it means experimenting in league games and resting players. 25 years is too long for any club, let alone ours.

I only knew engerland were playing today when I was bored and channel surfing tonight, the nations league just like the europe champions league or whatever it's called has passed me by...then I seen our goalie taking a penalty, then saving a penalty...and winnning england something...So the only hope I have for this season is that Pickford takes the penalties and free kicks. Either way it's going to be a sad season... andall I'll be thinking is that it's going to be 25 years. so sad.

Im not excited.Just quietly and cautiously optimistic.It will probably be 7th or 8th again.But hopefully we will finish closer to, or perhaps finish in that top six.Of course, a good run in both cup competitions goes without saying.So long as we avoid a Ronald Koeman/Steve Walsh summer 2017 disaster of a transfer window, then we should be fine!But to be fair that sort of reckless wastage, will not be tolerated under team Silva and Brands.The last time i got excited about Everton, was the summer after the 72 point season.And we all saw how that worked out.Cautious optimism, while at the same time bracing myself for disappointment, is how i do things!

You are the yin to my yang @Eggs lol I am ALWAYS excited going into a new season. Trophies are there to be won, EVEN the top prizes.
I wonder what the result of similar threads on the Leicester forums in June 2015 would have been like?

When Leicester won the league.The first thought that came to my head was, if only we had access to a copy of that grays sports almanac, from the back to the future films.lol But certainly if anyone placed a bet on Leicester winning the league that year.They sure won themselves a nice bit of money.

Reactions: kev
Im worried it could all be a castle built on sand if we lose the spine of our team. Its very possible we wont have Gana, Gomes and Zouma next season.

After the one that's just passed it's going to take a bit for me to get excited, seeing that shower winning something drains my love for the game a bit tbh.

A decent couple of signings and my thoughts might change, but right now, no excitement.

Bit hard to be excited for the season isn't it when our main rivals are as good as they've been in 30 years, we're just about on par with Watford, Leicester and Wolves, we have no idea if we'll be signing Gomes, about 15 absolutely useless players we'd shipped out on loan and back and stuck with us and the stadium issue is dragging on and on and on.

Yeah, a bit difficult to summon up the excitement to be honest with you. At best it'll be 7th place and maybe a cup quarter final. Yay.

Pretty excited. If we can carry on from where we left off it'll be a good season.

The shower's CL victory has certainly put a pall over things no doubt but it just puts things into perspective about how starved for success we Are.

Hopefully this can spur us on to some success in the coming season. We can hope.

Bit hard to be excited for the season isn't it when our main rivals are as good as they've been in 30 years, we're just about on par with Watford, Leicester and Wolves, we have no idea if we'll be signing Gomes, about 15 absolutely useless players we'd shipped out on loan and back and stuck with us and the stadium issue is dragging on and on and on.

Yeah, a bit difficult to summon up the excitement to be honest with you. At best it'll be 7th place and maybe a cup quarter final. Yay.
I take it thats a no then.

I only knew engerland were playing today when I was bored and channel surfing tonight, the nations league just like the europe champions league or whatever it's called has passed me by...then I seen our goalie taking a penalty, then saving a penalty...and winnning england something...So the only hope I have for this season is that Pickford takes the penalties and free kicks. Either way it's going to be a sad season... andall I'll be thinking is that it's going to be 25 years. so sad.
You do know that the ball is still in play in most cases and would leave our goal a little exposed don't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.