Anyone else excited for the upcoming season?

Are you confident of a good season for 19/20?

• Yes

Votes: 154 62.3%
  • No

Votes: 58 23.5%
  • Fence flavoured cheese on toast.

Votes: 35 14.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moshiri is, up to this point, a Kenwright with *some* cash
That comment makes very little sense.

I’m not a blind Moshiri supporter, in all honesty, I’d say Moshiri’s decision making has been worse.
Koeman, Walsh, Allardyce... on paper it’s a train wreck.

However, he lacks the sentimentality that hindered Kenright, in that, he will try to rectify his mistakes. It does seem that in giving Brands more sway at the club, he is admitting that the footballing decisions should be left to those with the relevant experience.

But that *some money* has been many millions more than we’d otherwise had to spend.
Jury is still out, for sure and I’m not saying money alone should be the barometer for the owner, but given how the league is looking now to a few years ago, if we were still skint, we’d be sunk by now.

That comment makes very little sense.

I’m not a blind Moshiri supporter, in all honesty, I’d say Moshiri’s decision making has been worse.
Koeman, Walsh, Allardyce... on paper it’s a train wreck.

However, he lacks the sentimentality that hindered Kenright, in that, he will try to rectify his mistakes. It does seem that in giving Brands more sway at the club, he is admitting that the footballing decisions should be left to those with the relevant experience.

But that *some money* has been many millions more than we’d otherwise had to spend.
Jury is still out, for sure and I’m not saying money alone should be the barometer for the owner, but given how the league is looking now to a few years ago, if we were still skint, we’d be sunk by now.
Kenwright has bought in a partner with cash who will let him stay and tell him what he should be doing.. Its so bleeding obvious

Kenwright has bought in a partner with cash who will let him stay and tell him what he should be doing.. Its so bleeding obvious

Obvious but obvious if you want to believe otherwise because the truth brings a scary picture and probably means you’ll have to do something about it.....

A partner ? He now owns 75% I think .You don't become a billionaire /millionaire by being mr nice guy so I hardy think kenwright is telling him what to do if that's what you mean.

Kenwright, a theatre luvvie and now minority shareholder, is telling a self made Iranian billionaire, who was the accountant to Usmanov, an extremely dodgy oligarch from the cutthroat era of the Soviet Unions collapse, how to run the business that he owns 77% of...?

Right you are then. :Blink:

Kenwright, a theatre luvvie and now minority shareholder, is telling a self made Iranian billionaire, who was the accountant to Usmanov, an extremely dodgy oligarch from the cutthroat era of the Soviet Unions collapse, how to run the business that he owns 77% of...?

Right you are then. :Blink:
it defo looks that way.. yes.

these self made billionaires haven't got the slightest clue about English football, or how to run a club. they outed themselves as this from day one, and with several PR disasters since

it defo looks that way.. yes.

these self made billionaires haven't got the slightest clue about English football, or how to run a club. they outed themselves as this from day one, and with several PR disasters since
I already mentioned that Moshiris decision making has been awful (See Koeman, Walsh and Allardyce)

But that’s his mistake. He said he wanted a ‘big name’ in the dug out.

I’m not defending Moshiri’s tenure, he has much to prove and make up for, but to say his mistakes have been pushed by Kenwright is daft.

Not really, cos we still have the same problems as last season, so far.

Thats not me being a negative nancy, im just keeping it real.

A few signings will no doubt get the juices going, it is of course still really early.

We already have a few problems less than last season. The current squad are all getting a full pre season without a World Cup. They don’t need time to adapt to Silva’s tactics this time. They’ve had their downing tools episode and when it didn’t work they came through it so hopefully we won’t be seeing that again. We seem to have halted the set piece problem also and settled on a front line that works.

I take your point though. I just think in the round we’re in a far more positive position to move forward next season than we have been for many years.

I already mentioned that Moshiris decision making has been awful (See Koeman, Walsh and Allardyce)

But that’s his mistake. He said he wanted a ‘big name’ in the dug out.

I’m not defending Moshiri’s tenure, he has much to prove and make up for, but to say his mistakes have been pushed by Kenwright is daft.

Moshiri made mistakes with recruitment so brought in Brands to do it for him. Moshiri is learning on the job but the good thing about him is if he makes a mistake he’ll pay whatever the cost to try and rectify it. He’s not in front of the tv camera gushing ‘what a manager’ after two consecutive bottom half finishes.

I'm excited but also worried, Zouma and Gomes are big targets for us, and will be great if we get them, however that only gets us back to where we were last season.
But to push on we have to do more, imagine if we dont get them both, then I'll be terrified

We already have a few problems less than last season. The current squad are all getting a full pre season without a World Cup. They don’t need time to adapt to Silva’s tactics this time. They’ve had their downing tools episode and when it didn’t work they came through it so hopefully we won’t be seeing that again. We seem to have halted the set piece problem also and settled on a front line that works.

I take your point though. I just think in the round we’re in a far more positive position to move forward next season than we have been for many years.

We ended the season very well.

I wasnt ignoring the many positives.

But im very fickle, if we dont improve, we stand still, standing still doesnt excite me.

Few new players, players back for preseason and I will be bouncing.

I'm excited but also worried, Zouma and Gomes are big targets for us, and will be great if we get them, however that only gets us back to where we were last season.
But to push on we have to do more, imagine if we dont get them both, then I'll be terrified
We might lose Gana as well as not signing those two.

Status
Not open for further replies.