Anyone else excited for the upcoming season?

Are you confident of a good season for 19/20?

• Yes

Votes: 154 62.3%
  • No

Votes: 58 23.5%
  • Fence flavoured cheese on toast.

Votes: 35 14.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not alcohol as I don’t drink. Anti rejection tablets for a liver transplant(not alcohol related) and medication for chronic kidney disease plus blood pressure and heart tablets.Only the last 2 are down to Everton according to my GP who is an Evertonian!

WOW, puts my minor complaint into perspective.
You seem in very good form considering.

I’m always excited for the upcoming season. One thing I don’t get though is obsession with the mythical “top 6”.
In reality, unless there is a major shock in both cups, 5th gets you the exact same reward as 7th. Top 4 I can understand as that gets champions league instead of Europa, but you could break into the top 6 and still miss out on European football, or finish 7th and get it

Because finishing in the top 6 is better then 7th or below.

Too early to tell re excitement.

Need to see who we sign and when. 3 quality players on top of Gomes and a decent cb in early and yes, I will be buzzing

However, still need to see consistency from Silva, no good having a quality team if the manager does not get it right.

Exactly my thoughts.

Need to see who we bring in before I get excited. As you say mate Silva also needs to show more so time will tell.

It's important we start the season well otherwise heads will drop early doors and the criticisms of last season will quickly creep in.

Exactly my thoughts.

Need to see who we bring in before I get excited. As you say mate Silva also needs to show more so time will tell.

It's important we start the season well otherwise heads will drop early doors and the criticisms of last season will quickly creep in.

Nothing worse than an opening day loss.

Bottom of the league from the start.

Not alcohol as I don’t drink. Anti rejection tablets for a liver transplant(not alcohol related) and medication for chronic kidney disease plus blood pressure and heart tablets.Only the last 2 are down to Everton according to my GP who is an Evertonian!

Fancy going on a triathlon with me the weekend BNL?

I haven't renewed my PL subscription for next season. I'll follow proceedings via this forum.
Hopefully we can be competitive in the 'best of the rest' space.

Is right mate been saying the same thing myself, United, Arsenal, Chelsea and even Spurs if Levy doesn’t let them spend again... all there for the taking. Not that I’m saying we should finish 3rd but the top 6 is defo attainable imo.

Yeah that's all well and possibly true but are we going to spend the money to bridge the gap?

Status
Not open for further replies.