Anti Everton Pundits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn’t worry about it lads, just enjoy the blues getting some boss results at home again at last. The time for fume is next season when VAR is still awarding all the wrong decisions to the “big 6”.

Andy Goldstein on TalkSport talking to former ref Dermot Gallagher.

Goldstein: Richarlison's goal, his foot was high, dangerous play. It should have been ruled out.
Gallagher: I thought it was a great bit of skill and there was nothing wrong with it.

Really? I'm not surprised ,however, I don't listen much to football commentators.
That ex utd player, now manager, was a good signing for the rest of premiership.

I was actually surprised by Motd on Sunday night, I thought after beating man u 4-0 it would all be about how bad man u were, but they actually gave us credit, Martin Leon, who I'm not the biggest fan of, gave us a good few minutes. On Sky from the first goal, to the middle of the following day, it was all about how bad man u are and who will be sold in the summer.

Not sure what we need to do to impress Sky like. They're a top 6 channel and they're always going to focus on them to get those video clicks but not one replay of our goals? We scored an overhead kick and two 30-yarders.
An overhead kick by the next big Brazillian star at that.

You'd laugh if it wasn't so derisory.

Not anti-Everton as such, but the pro-Liverpool swarm of pundits is sickening. You turn on Sky you've got Redknapp, Souness, Carragher, Thompson. Flip over to BT, you've got that wham-talker McManaman, Michael Owen. Then the real commentators, Alan Green, Clive Tyldesley, Martin Tyler. They ship in useless gets like Paul Ince to give their expert insight, or even Dean kin Saunders. That's 11 and I only thought about it for about 25 seconds.

Your Redknapps your Carraghers your Sounesss

Not anti-Everton as such, but the pro-Liverpool swarm of pundits is sickening. You turn on Sky you've got Redknapp, Souness, Carragher, Thompson. Flip over to BT, you've got that wham-talker McManaman, Michael Owen. Then the real commentators, Alan Green, Clive Tyldesley, Martin Tyler. They ship in useless gets like Paul Ince to give their expert insight, or even Dean kin Saunders. That's 11 and I only thought about it for about 25 seconds.
Then there's the bloke who does MOTD2 (Mark Chapman?) and Danny Murphy. I'm just glad Stevie g decided to go into management as he would surely have been another one.

An overhead kick by the next big Brazillian star at that.

You'd laugh if it wasn't so derisory.
Yes but why waste previous seconds on him when they can do replay after replay to 'prove' Salah didn't dive to win a penalty?

Yes but why waste previous seconds on him when they can do replay after replay to 'prove' Salah didn't dive to win a penalty?
If Salah was an Everton player, and Richarlison was a Liverpool player, we'd all see the overhead kick, and we'd all see the proof of Salah's diving. Perhaps a swap deal in the summer to make everything fair? (Not really, wouldn't swap our Richie, and I wouldn't deny Mo-mo a dream move to Spain.)

The media in general has become more sensationalist over the years and football reporting is no different, you just have to see it for what it is and try to read between the lines. Sky sell a global product and want pundits who are recognised in the Far East and beyond, so no wonder we have to endure Neville, Carra and their ilk, Talksport relies on winding up listeners to get a reaction, hence Adrian Durham and his 'daily Arsenal' (they don't get very favourable coverage either IMO) or the time he suggested that Moyes was moving to a smaller club (when he left PNE to join us), I had to turn the radio off in embarrassment at the Evertonians queuing up argue with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.