Anti Everton Pundits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patronizing to the core in the last 48 hours. But we have to accept times have changed. I can remember when Everton were in the original "big 5". Im afraid we were a bit patronizing to other clubs.
Only way to change it is to start winning trophies and be more consistent in challenging up the right end of the table.

Not remotely arsed about it and I'll take 3 points and the the likes of Souness & Neville throwing their toys out of the pram anyday. Hit that level of consistency and start picking up silverware regularly and the utterly revolting sycophancy will come gushing....work to do yet.

Yesterday felt nearly as sweet as when Amokachi ruined the medias wet dream Spurs v Man Utd FA Cup final back in '95.

He's never been any different. Like the pen they got at Old Trafford and no matter how many replays showed he'd dived he still tried to convince the watching world it was a pen. He's about as good a pundit as he was a manager.
He really can’t hide his dislike of Everton.

The worst though has been Spit’s hijacking of the microphone for the ‘Mo Salah you little dancer’ line after the goal. No impartiality there.

Off topic, Carragher was on my Belfast to Liverpool flight last year. I was surprised how small a man he was to play centreback. I’m rambling.

It isn't news. There are people at Sky who have jobs for life. It's jobs for the boys. There's no reason whatsoever for the likes of Carragher or Souness to be a pundit for an Everton game, but they are, because they don't give a toss.

There's no need for full time contracts to be given - there's thousands of ex-footballers who could be hired on an ad-hoc basis to cover games that feature teams they played for, but Sky choose not to do it for one simple reason - money.

It is in Skys' interests to have 'brands'. They need marketable clubs to expand the league globally. If United lose, they've "faltered", "capitulated", "unexpected loss", because they have to present them as a dominant force and anything that goes against that as a blip; an anomaly that won't last long.

Manchester United and Liverpool have by far and away the biggest media presence and bias. Arsenal nudged themselves in through sheer brilliance under Wenger and they could market 'The Invincibles' and, along with Spurs, they're the big 'London' clubs. City and Chelsea bought their way in. The Top Four became the Top Six overnight, because marketing dictated these 'powerhouses' couldn't be seen to be failing in any way.

It's cynical. Football is dead and has been dead for a long time. You continue watching in the vague hope you'll see a Leicester-type miracle, but the chances of even winning a poxy League Cup is going by the wayside now due to inherent bias and massive money at one end of the table, and the portrayal of 'also rans' for everyone else.
Great post
No big six comments were mentioned at all the year Leicester won it but don't worry it will become the big seven or 8 when the present group start to falter.

Be interesting to see how the pundits talk this game up... Will it be how poor United were or how brilliant and dominant City were?

Just saying like ;)

Be interesting to see how the pundits talk this game up... Will it be how poor United were or how brilliant and dominant City were?

Just saying like ;)

To be fair, I am watching the Sky post match inquest into the Manc derby right now and the conversation is almost entirely about United’s shortcomings.

Happen I were a City fan watching this I would be as annoyed as some of us were on Sunday.

Pre Abramovichs money Chelsea were nobodies.
They still are, they're just nobodies with money...all fur coat no knickers as is said. The owner can't set foot in the Country, they can't get the stadium ( I know thats a bit pot/kettle there) off the ground, even with all their money. Sarri? deadman walking, Hazard going.
Oh dear, what a shame.

To be fair, I am watching the Sky post match inquest into the Manc derby right now and the conversation is almost entirely about United’s shortcomings.

Happen I were a City fan watching this I would be as annoyed as some of us were on Sunday.
Won't even be in their thoughts. Not many worries when you're top of the league.

D846F524-9F13-4174-8203-AAE9657ACF9A.jpeg

So when Wolves beat a top 6 team it’s because they’re “superb” but when we do it it’s because the top 6 team were terrible?

Ok then.

Status
Not open for further replies.