Anti Everton Pundits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jermaine Jenas analysis of the Man U thrashing:

"Solskjaer has to take some of the blame for Sunday because, tactically, part of the way United played was his fault.

They should have gone toe-to-toe with Everton from the start, like Tottenham did before Christmas when they went to Goodison Park and destroyed them 6-2.
Spurs were in Everton's faces and gave them no time on the ball. They played like they believed they were better than Everton, and said 'we are going to press you and dictate the tempo of this game'.

Instead of doing the same, and trying to impose themselves on a weaker team, United sat off Everton - which made no sense to me at all."

Spurs were up against an Everton team in the middle of a bad run, devoid of confidence, and without the man who sets the tone for the team, their main tackler Idrissa Gueye. On Sunday Everton were a totally different proposition from that team, but the highly paid pundit fails to take that into account.
Jermaine Jenas needs a sat nav to find his own backside; he's that clueless.

I turn the sound down when Carragher is commentator, he gets on my nerves and I think he tries too hard as a studio pundit particularly with the tech which can make any story you want, you see what you want to see with selective cuts.

I was as surprised as you. I was expecting him to continue the EFC bashing from the other pundits.
Nobody agreed with him though. When he said Everton were unbelievable on the day and their fans are going mad that they're getting no recognition, nobody nodded ascent or said yes or fair do's. They just sat there expressionless.

You wouldn't have thought we'd just done the same thing to Arsenal, Chelsea and West Ham, and been the only team to take points off Liverpool in the last 2 months.

Nobody agreed with him though. When he said Everton were unbelievable on the day and their fans are going mad that they're getting no recognition, nobody nodded ascent or said yes or fair do's. They just sat there expressionless.

You wouldn't have thought we'd just done the same thing to Arsenal, Chelsea and West Ham, and been the only team to take points off Liverpool in the last 2 months.
Merson seems to really be talking rubbish. He said that Man City and that other team had ruined the league by being so far ahead. A bit like Richarlison's signing ruined last Summer's transfer window.

Kopites everywhere.

D5JcvkYW0AAEOIL

D5JcvkXW4AAJQ19

Status
Not open for further replies.