2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pattersons decision making was fantastic today.

If Gordons was as good
Oh I agree mate, Patterson was outstanding again on the whole but if you make one bad call and leave your side exposed you should be called out and then not do it again. Patterson is great so far this season and Gordon wasn’t today but doesn’t mean he shouldn’t call out a mistake.

I know he was in the wrong today, but my slightly controversial opinion is I've got no issues players calling each other out - think it shows competitive spirit and desire for collective improvement

Obviously not a comparison, but always remember my dad talking about Alan Ball being furious at other players when they made mistakes. That desire makes good players

That being said, I'll of course be the first person calling him sh*** the next time he misses a sitter

Not played in a 433 yet so why not? Can always pop Iwobi out there.

You're talking about a lack of creativity from one side of the pitch. McNeil isn't going to be running around like a headless chicken, but is more likely to thread a ball to Maupay.
He’s played in a front 3 and that’s not his game at all - he’s never produced the figures necessary for a front 3 player. Was a weird signing tbh. Proper square peg for a round hole.

And let’s not move Iwobi, he’s a different player in centre mid.

He’s played in a front 3 and that’s not his game at all - he’s never produced the figures necessary for a front 3 player. Was a weird signing tbh. Proper square peg for a round hole.

And let’s not move Iwobi, he’s a different player in centre mid.

A front 3 with Gordon as a striker...and a two man midfield where he had to cover and help Patterson out.

The 3 man midfield gives the front 3 license to be creative.

I agree that today wasn’t his best game, but he has talent and his athleticism is a threat to opposition defenders. Hopefully with Maupay scoring today and the return of DCL soon it’ll take some of the weight off his shoulders. The good thing is that even though Gordon wasn’t at his best today, the team as a whole performed well and got the 3 points.

He was poor today but why see it as anything other than a bad game, until he does it more than once in a row. He's been sensational over the past few.

Being asked to hold up probably saps his strength. We kept pumping in crosses as if DCL were in the box, but only to Gordon, who's too slight to hold up the ball against CBs, and Maupay, who's 5 foot 8. Looked a little better when we played on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.