2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn’t on it yesterday, but still worked hard and did his defensive work.

Was a game with both sides concentrating on not losing and he was targeted as a threat. They closed him down well and we’re a compact unit not letting him or Gray come inside to shoot.

A good game for him to look back on for how to improve his game.

Ego bigger than his output atm for me
Hence my dislike for him
Same for me. Massive head. If he thinks he is in a position to be calling out Patterson the way he did, he is sadly mistaken. There was absolutely no need for it. By all means, communicate, but the way he went about it was all wrong. Made him look like an arrogant Bully. And its not like he was flawless himself. He was invisible for most of the game and looked way off the pace when it came to keeping up with attacks.

The Patterson incident though was totally uncalled for. If someone has made a mistake, ive no problem with someone pointing it out, but you do so in a way that is constructive, the same way Coady, Tarkowski, Onana, etc were doing. Gordon looked like he was on the verge of a confrontation with Patterson, who i think had a very good gsme. The fact he carried it on for so long and it took 3 or 4 senior players to calm him down as well is not a good look for him or the team, especially as we appear to building a team spirit for the 1st time in a long time.

I also noticed there was a slight hesitancy to pass the ball to him at times today, which again, paints it's own picture.

He’s on four yellow cards now. Do they carry through post the international break and is it then one more for him and a suspension ?

Yeah it's 5 cautions in the first 19 games which brings a 1 game ban. Our 20th game is 21st Jan at West Ham so he needs to go until then without getting another booking.

But considering he has 4 bookings in 7 games i'd say thats unlikely!

Same for me. Massive head. If he thinks he is in a position to be calling out Patterson the way he did, he is sadly mistaken. There was absolutely no need for it. By all means, communicate, but the way he went about it was all wrong. Made him look like an arrogant Bully. And its not like he was flawless himself. He was invisible for most of the game and looked way off the pace when it came to keeping up with attacks.

The Patterson incident though was totally uncalled for. If someone has made a mistake, ive no problem with someone pointing it out, but you do so in a way that is constructive, the same way Coady, Tarkowski, Onana, etc were doing. Gordon looked like he was on the verge of a confrontation with Patterson, who i think had a very good gsme. The fact he carried it on for so long and it took 3 or 4 senior players to calm him down as well is not a good look for him or the team, especially as we appear to building a team spirit for the 1st time in a long time.

I also noticed there was a slight hesitancy to pass the ball to him at times today, which again, paints it's own picture.
Not happy someone else is stealing the limelight and thinks he’s a 60million player.

Benitez interview today said that his worry with Gordon is that he played 50 mins in a friendly then couldn't run. So clearly a stamina issue, like geri as others mentioned
This has been the knock on him for awhile, hasn’t it?

Fatigue might explain his performance. He was just not on it. Almost forgot he was on the pitch, his name was not spoken by the announcers much.

An 'out of sorts' Gordon is still one of our best players.

Hes been electric all season.

Some people who wanted rid of him in the summer and got a titty lip because he wasn;t sold are dying to have a go at him. It's pathetic.

Anthony is our best player by an absolute country mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.