2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd much rather players show passion and fight like that - even if it can be slightly misplaced at times. The alternative is a team of meek, piss weak fannies like Keane
The 80’s side often snarled with each other. No issues with it personally. Gordon looked to me like he was carrying a knock, but whatever the reason for his under par performance, it is only to be expected with youngsters. He had an off day, he will have more, life goes on.

Gordon over Patterson any day of the week. The latter is a wet behind the ears kid with potential. Gordon is already a star attracting massive bids.
If I was being really really harsh I’d change that to “Gordon thinks he’s already a star”, but he’s actually got quite a bit to go yet!
Great thing is him and Patterson are both only 21 and 20 respectively and at the moment they both play for Everton!

If I was being really really harsh I’d change that to “Gordon thinks he’s already a star”, but he’s got a bit to go yet! Great thing is him and Patterson are both only 21 and 20 respectively and at the moment they both play for Everton!
56 appearances make him practically a veteran compared to Patterson.

Patterson has played so little football that you just wonder if there's a full season in him. I think we'll see him in and out of the team as the season unwinds. No way can you go from playing almost zero top flight games to playing all of them.

Patterson has played so little football that you just wonder if there's a full season in him. I think we'll see him in and out of the team as the season unwinds. No way can you go from playing almost zero top flight games to playing all of them.
Is that not what Gordon did last season?

This guy.

Injuries permitting i think Patterson is well on the way to being Lampard’s first choice right back - but that’s for his own thread ?!

He’s like Geri but has nothing like the end product that he did,

Geri had zero end product. Gordon has added that this season. Geri was/is a poundland version of what we have now.

Weird how if it was Patterson moaning at Gordon you'd probably be at his house with a ticket back to Scotland for him.

Sure, his passion and tenacity is excellent and his goals in previous weeks have gained us a point. Kudos to him. He still has a lot to prove though and he's got just as much to prove as Patterson. It wasn't the right way to have a pop when you're on the same level as them.

He's literally leagues above Patterson

I am sure this will be a controversial opinion on here (having not read the previous discussion) but I dont think he is going to be at Everton long term unless we stay in the bottom half of the table.

As much as I appreciate a local lad coming through, I don’t think he is any more talented than Barkley and is probably more like a Tom Davies who can do a job but will not cement a place in a side fighting for Europe.

I think if we stay in the 10-15 places then he will be a mainstay but if we are building up to a 6-10 place every year then Anthony will start to find his place more on the bench and then eventually out of the team altogether.

Hope I am wrong but I was of the view that we should have sold to Chelsea at 30m+

"Probably more like Tom Davies." Dear God.

Geri had zero end product. Gordon has added that this season. Geri was/is a poundland version of what we have now.

He's literally leagues above Patterson

"Probably more like Tom Davies." Dear God.
He really isn’t leagues above him. That is nonsense hyperbole. He still has a lot to prove. Both have proved that they have a place in our team for different reasons, but neither have proved they’re good enough for any other team other than Everton currently.

….i suppose it’s perfectly reasonable to compare Patterson with Gordon, after all they are both wingers :bye:

And yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.