2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
An 'out of sorts' Gordon is still one of our best players.

Hes been electric all season.

Some people who wanted rid of him in the summer and got a titty lip because he wasn;t sold are dying to have a go at him. It's pathetic.

Anthony is our best player by an absolute country mile.
That last sentence is risible. Iwobi is a far better player in every way.

Don't think he played well on Sunday, in fact I'd go as far as to say it was his least effective performance for us that I can remember

That doesn't, for a single moment, suggest anything more than that - he had a bad game, but I remain a huge fan of his. The odd bad game will happen, just hope he follows that up with a better one

It's true. He had no right to have a pop at Patterson like he did and he needs to remember he's also a young player who has mistakes to iron out.
You have to put down your saltire and examine what happened: Patterson was hugging the near post when a winger was waltzing into the 18 yard box.

Gordon had to race back to do his job for him. Quite rightly he called Patterson out on it.

You have to put down your saltire and examine what happened: Patterson was hugging the near post when a winger was waltzing into the 18 yard box.

Gordon had to race back to do his job for him. Quite rightly he called Patterson out on it.
Weird how if it was Patterson moaning at Gordon you'd probably be at his house with a ticket back to Scotland for him.
I'd much rather players show passion and fight like that - even if it can be slightly misplaced at times. The alternative is a team of meek, piss weak fannies like Keane
Sure, his passion and tenacity is excellent and his goals in previous weeks have gained us a point. Kudos to him. He still has a lot to prove though and he's got just as much to prove as Patterson. It wasn't the right way to have a pop when you're on the same level as them.

I am sure this will be a controversial opinion on here (having not read the previous discussion) but I dont think he is going to be at Everton long term unless we stay in the bottom half of the table.

As much as I appreciate a local lad coming through, I don’t think he is any more talented than Barkley and is probably more like a Tom Davies who can do a job but will not cement a place in a side fighting for Europe.

I think if we stay in the 10-15 places then he will be a mainstay but if we are building up to a 6-10 place every year then Anthony will start to find his place more on the bench and then eventually out of the team altogether.

Hope I am wrong but I was of the view that we should have sold to Chelsea at 30m+

An 'out of sorts' Gordon is still one of our best players.

Hes been electric all season.

Some people who wanted rid of him in the summer and got a titty lip because he wasn;t sold are dying to have a go at him. It's pathetic.

Anthony is our best player by an absolute country mile.
If you were being really honest - he has really not been “electric all season”!
Yes he scored against Brentford and Leeds but didn’t do much else in either game, was poor against Liverpool and substituted, didn’t do much against West Ham either - apart from giving it the big one against Patterson who was trying to cover his man and Gordon’s while Gordon came strolling back!
Gordon’s been ok this season but “electric” I’m afraid not!

Same for me. Massive head. If he thinks he is in a position to be calling out Patterson the way he did, he is sadly mistaken. There was absolutely no need for it. By all means, communicate, but the way he went about it was all wrong. Made him look like an arrogant Bully. And its not like he was flawless himself. He was invisible for most of the game and looked way off the pace when it came to keeping up with attacks.

The Patterson incident though was totally uncalled for. If someone has made a mistake, ive no problem with someone pointing it out, but you do so in a way that is constructive, the same way Coady, Tarkowski, Onana, etc were doing. Gordon looked like he was on the verge of a confrontation with Patterson, who i think had a very good gsme. The fact he carried it on for so long and it took 3 or 4 senior players to calm him down as well is not a good look for him or the team, especially as we appear to building a team spirit for the 1st time in a long time.

I also noticed there was a slight hesitancy to pass the ball to him at times today, which again, paints it's own picture.
Apparently Patterson kept calling him ‘Clare Balding’ and he eventually flipped.

If you were being really honest - he has really not been “electric all season”!
Yes he scored against Brentford and Leeds but didn’t do much else in either game, was poor against Liverpool and substituted, didn’t do much against West Ham either - apart from giving it the big one against Patterson who was trying to cover his man and Gordon’s while Gordon came strolling back!
Gordon’s been ok this season but “electric” I’m afraid not!

Gordon over Patterson any day of the week. The latter is a wet behind the ears kid with potential. Gordon is already a star attracting massive bids.

Weird how if it was Patterson moaning at Gordon you'd probably be at his house with a ticket back to Scotland for him.

Sure, his passion and tenacity is excellent and his goals in previous weeks have gained us a point. Kudos to him. He still has a lot to prove though and he's got just as much to prove as Patterson. It wasn't the right way to have a pop when you're on the same level as them.
lol lol lol

Status
Not open for further replies.