2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vaulting people after a couple of goals in games against lower half teams that we didn't even win the game ?

I was at Reading Festival at the weekend. And some of the guys camping with me were Chelsea fans, some Fulham fans, some Spurs.

What they all had in common? They thought 60m for Gordon was absolutely absurd money lol.

Let's see, still needs to do more, and consistently over a season, for me.
Bunch of Londener soft poos ripping the piss putting down our Gordon lad. And you take it as bible. Come on to GOT and report it in the Gordon thread like it means something. You probably sat there agreeing laughing about it bringing shame to my city.

Our scouse wonder boy saved us from relegation and is trying to do it again while you chat wham about him to a bunch of cockneys. Hand in your scouse badge and gun.

….that’s such an ignorant comment.

This isn’t an “I told you so” situation, it’s not a position of gloat. I watched Gordon plenty coming through the ranks & know the potential if realised but I would definitely have sold him for £50m+ because of the predicament we’re in. The team needs strengthening in the short-term for us to survive. Like many others we were thinking of the greater good.

When Gordon leaves he won’t be called a traitor by me, I doubt I’ve ever blamed an ambitious young man wanting to better himself.
Sound like a lad covering himself cause he has Eggs all over his face. Mosh would spend that money in aldi. 50 million dfug out of here.

Played well last night I thought. Can see his development from last season. Managing his fitness in a game better.
At this stage, it would have to be something very silly for Chelsea to get him I would think. Sancho-like money. But I could see them doing that for him or Zaha or someone else in a panic.

Or just blame our board .... Or Putin ....... totally of topic plus a sly post by you ..,...

Apologies I was trying to be flippant. We live in a world where real truths don't matter and nobody really understands what's going to happen to their own household finances never mind a club has mired in secrecy as that of Everton. But hey voting on a whim to ruin the lives of millions of youngsters is a right hoot by comparison!

I think when we are getting linked with utter dross and Ukranian starboys with 1 goal in 40 for 30+m you know what, I would rather keep the scouse starboy myself if he carries his goals on.
Two weeks ago I would have gratefully accepted £30mill for Gordon. Now they can shove their £60mill.....

I watched part of the Sunderland v Norwich game last Saturday to catch Ellis Simms. Kieran Dowell was playing his usual game for Norwich, looking classy but ineffective. The comparison with Gordon is startling as in many ways at 20 Dowell was the more talented, a wand of a left foot , poise on the ball , but never seemed to unduly exert himself. Gordon on the other hand has gone from a 16 year old stick insect, built himself up , increased his fitness and runs his heart out every game. No change of position has occurred, he’s done it all himself by applying himself. A great example of a young Everton player.

I watched part of the Sunderland v Norwich game last Saturday to catch Ellis Simms. Kieran Dowell was playing his usual game for Norwich, looking classy but ineffective. The comparison with Gordon is startling as in many ways at 20 Dowell was the more talented, a wand of a left foot , poise on the ball , but never seemed to unduly exert himself. Gordon on the other hand has gone from a 16 year old stick insect, built himself up , increased his fitness and runs his heart out every game. No change of position has occurred, he’s done it all himself by applying himself. A great example of a young Everton player.
Spot on

Fully with you on this mate, now just hope you get behind the other potentially top class young lad we have in Patterson - proved a lot of his doubters wrong yesterday imo, and after a very torrid time at Brentford showed he's got the confidence to bounce back whilst developing
That's comparing apples and pears.

I go on performance and consistency of performance. That lad has had one decent game since arriving.

I dont go for spin or the pundits telling me what to think.

Chelsea come in with an £85m bid now and Everton are able to spend it on Chukwueze, Gana, Garner and another decent striker. Surely you sell him.

Goes without saying if we can achieve the above without selling then all the better.

Was thinking myself the other day that he could in best case scenario end up as close to Bale mate.

Those two finishes will make any team very very nervous about playing v him now
Something Iv noted just these last couple of games is that once he’s beaten the man with a turn or he’s cut in from the outside then he’s got this rare ability to then drive past the defender with just pure pace, very reminiscent of Bale in his early seasons at Spurs, I think we need to take note that some of the premier leagues current and past stars have been late developers, seem to remember Kane being thrown about the championship for a couple of seasons, also don’t forget Bale nearly being sold to Birmingham for 2M in his early years, aslong as AG keeps his feet on the ground can add more goals & assists to his game then he’s got a bright future at the very top??

That's comparing apples and pears.

I go on performance and consistency of performance. That lad has had one decent game since arriving.

I dont go for spin or the pundits telling me what to think.
All we can do is evaluate him as he progresses Dave, the lad seems to be the type who puts the work in on the training ground and with the the coaching staff we have now I reckon he'll develop very well over this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.