2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not just the last two games though is it?

Gordon and Richarlison pretty much saved this club from the drop last season...then we had the 'clever people' telling us he needs to be sold because he's not even a decent PL winger....all because they wanted to see a couple of scabby players bought with a thimbleful of Gordon's talent.

FFS, that needs pulling.
Sadly true mate. Some of our supporters are clearly nuts!

Its way way too early to vault people mate.

That can only be done in May imo

Vaulting people after a couple of goals in games against lower half teams that we didn't even win the game ?

I was at Reading Festival at the weekend. And some of the guys camping with me were Chelsea fans, some Fulham fans, some Spurs.

What they all had in common? They thought 60m for Gordon was absolutely absurd money lol.

Let's see, still needs to do more, and consistently over a season, for me.

It's not just the last two games though is it?

Gordon and Richarlison pretty much saved this club from the drop last season...then we had the 'clever people' telling us he needs to be sold because he's not even a decent PL winger....all because they wanted to see a couple of scabby players bought with a thimbleful of Gordon's talent.

FFS, that needs pulling.
I'm one of them 'clever people' thats not sold on him yet. He's going the right way of getting me vaulted to death and i hope so too.

A lot of work last season was endeavor which is great but he's a winger/#10 so its quality im looking for and i haven't seen enough of it YET to be riding the superstar shouts.

Long may this form continue, buts its only 2 games.
As i said only at the end of the season can we say if he's improved like many expect.

Scary thing is I have seen a young Bale in his finishes this week. I know he will never reach those heights but the composure in both goals this season make me think I am very happy to keep him and may be wrong on how good he could become. Well in lad.

I'm one of them 'clever people' thats not sold on him yet. He's going the right way of getting me vaulted to death and i hope so too.

A lot of work last season was endeavor which is great but he's a winger/#10 so its quality im looking for and i haven't seen enough of it YET to be riding the superstar shouts.

As i said only at the end of the season can we say if he's improved like many expect.
What do you mean when you say you're not sold on him yet?

Vaulting people after a couple of goals in games against lower half teams that we didn't even win the game ?

I was at Reading Festival at the weekend. And some of the guys camping with me were Chelsea fans, some Fulham fans, some Spurs.

What they all had in common? They thought 60m for Gordon was absolutely absurd money lol.

Let's see, still needs to do more, and consistently over a season, for me.
What they all had in common was that they don't understand football. ?

But it is not only two games is it mate. He showed enough last season to have Frank Lampard saying that he is going to build his team around him. Frank knows a bit about footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.