2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 not nearly enough, sorry. We need more than that from one or two of our midfielders, because Dominic Calvert-Lewin won’t play enough games to get many more. We need goals, consistently.
If every attacking player produced 10 goals we would be ok.

You would need other goals from the defence and midfield as well like.

I think that some lads on here need to "rewind" to their previous posts on here , and other threads .
Perhaps wind their necks in , and realise that they know little about the development of young players , and made have made ridiculous statements . Humble pie time !
Do you know who also knows very little about the development of young players? Everton.

2 games doesnt make a season.

Sorry. Not good enough for me. I don’t accept mediocrity.
It’s not just about what he does this season. And it’s also not purely about goals and assists. I’d have sold him for 60m if that offer actually had come in, but he’s very clearly stepping up and rapidly improving. No mediocrity in sight for our young Anthony now.

That is most certainly what anyone talking about Gordon not being worth 60 mill in todays market is chatting...nonsense.

Thankfully those in charge of such things at the club do understand thus the current situation.

Young Anthony is just getting started.

For starters I’ll speak for the advocation of selling AG had little to do with questioning his merit as a prospect. It’s his value correlated to his possible future value and our ability to reinvest that money for more value propositions than just him. A consideration mainly based on a generally poor squad that has few pathways for sell on potential and thus reinvestment.

I like Gordon and hope he continues his upward trajectory, but turning down this offer, if it ultimately was 60 million comes at a very high risk.

The argument at least in my part is far more nuanced than questioning his quality or not liking him. Brighton did not sell Cucurella from questioning his quality. Nor was that the case for the Ben White deal they did a year prior that 1.5/5th of you could say paid for acquiring Cucurella. Factoring that initial deal with Getafe, they still ended up 100 million net between those two players that lends to finding more players. Each year there resources and ability for risk get stronger because so.

Questioning not taking the Chelsea deal is more a reflection of a club that often is prisoner of the moment or seeks immediate gratification in its business. A dynamic that each year seems to make a worse squad with worse results with less avenues for correction. Being wary of that potential repeating itself I’d argue is pragmatic oppose to nonsense.

All that said rooting for him to continue to mature and that the club are proven right. He’s a fun player removed of the noise.

Last edited:

Always has gotten down the line with alacrity. Has now put two surgically exact balls onto the net. Exciting.

Also love the snigger. Love that we were not so nice. Would love to see him winding people up- on the regular - almost got that monster tossed.

For starters I’ll speak for the advocation of selling AG had little to do with questioning his merit as a prospect. It’s his value correlated to his possible future value and our ability to reinvest that money for more value propositions than just him. A consideration mainly based on a generally poor squad that has few pathways for sell on potential and thus reinvestment.

I like Gordon and hope he continues his upward trajectory, but turning down this offer, if it ultimately was 60 million comes at a very high risk.

The argument at least in my part is far more nuanced than questioning his quality or not liking him. Brighton did not sell Cucurella from questioning his quality. Nor was that the case for the Ben White deal they did a year prior that 1.5/5th of you could say paid for acquiring Cucurella. Factoring that initial deal with Getafe, they still ended up 100 million net between those two players that lends to finding more players. Each year there resources and ability for risk get stronger because so.

Questioning not taking the Chelsea deal is more a reflection of a club that often is prisoner of the moment or seeks immediate gratification in its business. A dynamic that each year seems to make a worse squad with worse results with less avenues for correction. Being wary of that potential repeating itself I’d argue is pragmatic oppose to nonsense.

All that said rooting for him to continue to mature and that the club are proven right. He’s a fun player removed of the noise.
Totally agree mate, it'd be crazy to sell AG, we should be supporting the managers vision of building a team around him. ?

I also love beer. :)

It was a fantastic finish, an indication of his growing maturity in front of goals. The angle was narrow but he made it look easy. Should have added 2 assist if Gray and Patterson had scored.

This is end product.
Scored 4 last season think all where deflections as well, two very very clinical finishes this season and his offside one the other week was actually a really nice finish too.

When you have a player with Gordon's natural attributes and they start adding a clinical edge to them, you've got some player there

I doubted him start of the season but he’s starting to remind me of when Bale had his breakthrough season at Spurs, needs solid consistency with more goals & assists now, however if we were to sell I’d ask for 100 M, just purely on his potential??
Was thinking myself the other day that he could in best case scenario end up as close to Bale mate.

Those two finishes will make any team very very nervous about playing v him now

Status
Not open for further replies.