2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never noticed you posting before really but this past week you’ve really come onto the radar as a prime wham chatter.
I guess, because I don't have the same views as everyone else, I don't agree with other peoples views on players, that makes me a wham chatterer? Great, ill take that. I like my individuality.

All we can do is evaluate him as he progresses Dave, the lad seems to be the type who puts the work in on the training ground and with the the coaching staff we have now I reckon he'll develop very well over this season.
I'm not sure how you reach the conclusion he's "potentially a top class player" after one decent game in the PL.

It's like people looking at Davies a few seasons back and describing him a "potentially top class player" after he scored against City.

I prefer to have a lot of data to draw upon. His time at Rangers and with Scotland underlines his limitations in defence, and his handful of games for Everton doesn't contradict what I observed then.

Something Iv noted just these last couple of games is that once he’s beaten the man with a turn or he’s cut in from the outside then he’s got this rare ability to then drive past the defender with just pure pace, very reminiscent of Bale in his early seasons at Spurs, I think we need to take note that some of the premier leagues current and past stars have been late developers, seem to remember Kane being thrown about the championship for a couple of seasons, also don’t forget Bale nearly being sold to Birmingham for 2M in his early years, aslong as AG keeps his feet on the ground can add more goals & assists to his game then he’s got a bright future at the very top??
He's basically a defenders nightmare to play vs, he's got the ability to beat you one on one and once he does he's gone and you aren't getting back at him, a lot if his shooting from range is down to players giving him that yard or two of space wary of that.

If as it's looking he starts improving his shooting then it creates a real big problem to play v him (exactly what Bale had) you give him space then he'll use it well, you stay tight he'll burn you.

Will see the lad really kick on when we have a striker and if we start adding more threats too.

I'm not sure how you reach the conclusion he's "potentially a top class player" after one decent game in the PL.

It's like people looking at Davies a few seasons back and describing him a "potentially top class player" after he scored against City.

I prefer to have a lot of data to draw upon. His time at Rangers and with Scotland underlines his limitations in defence, and his handful of games for Everton doesn't contradict what I observed then.

Difference between Davies though mate is he had zero things going for him physically compared to Patterson, who has good size, very good pace and for his age isn't getting physically pushed around.

The things Patterson is lacking atm, positional discipline - comes with experience and working on it, confidence to use his ability to go past a player - again with experience that'll come, and he notably tires last 30 - again that's down to age/lack of games at this level.

Funnily enough it's been said he'd struggle in a back four - by you possibly too. But in that role which left him less choices and was more rigid and alongside a very very good and vocal organizer at cb, he had by far his best game.

Difference between Davies though mate is he had zero things going for him physically compared to Patterson, who has good size, very good pace and for his age isn't getting physically pushed around.

The things Patterson is lacking atm, positional discipline - comes with experience and working on it, confidence to use his ability to go past a player - again with experience that'll come, and he notably tires last 30 - again that's down to age/lack of games at this level.

Funnily enough it's been said he'd struggle in a back four - by you possibly too. But in that role which left him less choices and was more rigid and alongside a very very good and vocal organizer at cb, he had by far his best game.
It restricts us to playing a player like McNeil in front of him to hand a lot of defensive cover. That makes it imperative that Patterson gets up in attack to add pace because McNeill cant defend and attack as he hasn't got that pace. If Gordon had played in front of Patteson last night then the situation is transformed....for the worse.

As said though, my position on a player changes with the facts. When there's a lot of evidence to suggest he's a player then we'll see.

Honestly think these goals are really going to elevate him, you could see how much he developed once he started getting goals and starts last season, and even then maybe he had it in his head they were deflections, that we were a poor team.

Now he's scoring quality goals with a team that won the champions league a year ago, who've spent hundreds of millions on forwards willing to bid £60mil for him, got the number 10 on his back, he's going to flourish.

What impressed me as well was not just the goal but hte passes he pickedo ut for Gray and Patterson.

He's got a lot of tools. Ok he's not as polished as Sterling or Sancho at the same age but he's got great technique and huge speed once he gets moving. He can be huge for us this year.

Bunch of Londener soft poos ripping the piss putting down our Gordon lad. And you take it as bible. Come on to GOT and report it in the Gordon thread like it means something. You probably sat there agreeing laughing about it bringing shame to my city.

Our scouse wonder boy saved us from relegation and is trying to do it again while you chat wham about him to a bunch of cockneys. Hand in your scouse badge and gun.
Jheesh this forum has gone downhill with replies like this to fellow blues.

We all know how this will end. AG will have a stellar season, and all it will do is bring more clubs into play next summer. My prediction is this is the last season you will see AG in an Everton shirt. He’ll be gone next summer I think.

DCL will also go next summer as well. I reckon he wants a change of scenery, and a fresh challenge. Nothing wrong with that.

The plus side is that we should have well over £100m+ to replace them with. Just a prediction.

If I was a young player with talent and potential, I think I would be delighted to be working with Lampard and his staff. I think his aim is to mould a young energetic skillful team and they seem to have a gift for improving players by coaching. Almost like a proper coaching staff.

We all know how this will end. AG will have a stellar season, and all it will do is bring more clubs into play next summer. My prediction is this is the last season you will see AG in an Everton shirt. He’ll be gone next summer I think.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin will also go next summer as well. I reckon he wants a change of scenery, and a fresh challenge. Nothing wrong with that.

The plus side is that we should have well over £100m+ to replace them with. Just a prediction.

Boy, cheerful fella eh ?

It restricts us to playing a player like McNeil in front of him to hand a lot of defensive cover. That makes it imperative that Patterson gets up in attack to add pace because McNeill cant defend and attack as he hasn't got that pace. If Gordon had played in front of Patteson last night then the situation is transformed....for the worse.

As said though, my position on a player changes with the facts. When there's a lot of evidence to suggest he's a player then we'll see.
Gordon was on the right with Patterson for most of the game vs Brentford.....and tbf we got exposed so may times on the counter down that flank when we lost the ball

Unless he gets an injury that robs him of his pace, there will be more money on the table in future than what Chelsea are offering now.

That combination of speed and close control is devastating. Scouser Trent will be dreading coming up against him on Saturday.

On topic please...

Status
Not open for further replies.