2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute pony today. Alarm bells ring when a scouser bleaches his hair blonde, I mean come on.
He's playing with players who cant make a pass to feet....like when he was open and in if he'd received an obvious pass from Gray, which any decent PL creative player would see.

If that's so, I hope he really works on his finishing. I don't think it's his strongest asset.
You're being very polite there, and it concerns me if that's his genuine belief. I know it's only early in his career, however I don't see him as a trusted finisher.

How many of his goals for us have not taken a deflection? We've got to be careful to not build up our expectations of Gordon and saddle him with his pressure.

He's got raw talent and could be a good player for us, yet I feel the necessity of last season has built him up too quickly. A guaranteed starting XI player? Not yet.

Agree especially with Ellis Simms knocking them in. Gordon not a centre forward sorry Frank but crap decision for you pay level. Not forgetting those around you!!

Very rarely scores

Very rarely assists

Was a pivotal member of one of the worst ever Everton teams last season.

Dare mention it and you get hell’s bells.
He was playing in one of the "worst Everton teams" as a twenty year old.....what did you expect him to do.

As you also said he became a pivotal member of that team in his first Season and at a very young age.

I don't think that AG is the finished article, I think he is a long from that

I think this , his second season, will be challenging for him .

But, I think with age and experience he will be an excellent player.

Very rarely scores

Very rarely assists

Was a pivotal member of one of the worst ever Everton teams last season.

Dare mention it and you get hell’s bells.

Heretic , heathen , beg for forgiveness and may god have mercy on your soul …

Actually our souls , as I share the same opinion.

It may be a little short sighted , but selling him for 35m to Newcastle , at 100% Profit on the books , and then signing cornet or even the fella that we want from wolves ( I have never seen him play tbh) may have been a better move for us, as I Gordon cannot pass, shoot or cross a football

He was playing in one of the "worst Everton teams" as a twenty year old.....what did you expect him to do.

As you also said he became a pivotal member of that team in his first Season and at a very young age.

I don’t personally expect him to do much.

If he was as good as most our fans seem to think, I would have expected to do a lot more.

Agree entirely.

Not every player is ready at twenty one. In fact when you look at the records of a lot of top players, they aren’t tearing it up at twenty one.

He will gain experience and improve.

Finishing was a strong point at youth level. It will click at some point, probably when the midfield and striker options improve around him.

I don’t personally expect him to do much.

If he was as good as most our fans seem to think, I would have expected to do a lot more.

What would your expectations have been then? How many goals would you like to have seen him get in the 2nd half of the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.