2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all about having a good centre of gravity. Bulking up won't improve him, he'd be best toning up Bruce Lee style and concentrating on his core strength. It's also learning how to use your body to good effect to block off barges and anticipating when it's coming in, so you're less likely to get a Ben Thatcher mauling into the hoarding boards.

I never said anything about bulking up mate. I mentioned about how he could become naturally stronger which in the longer term will help with his running power and also help him when he is trying to go past defenders in terms of brushing them off. I work in sports science so I know the difference and tbh Gordon would look silly if he just put on a load of extra muscle onto what appears to be a fairly small frame, this is a better way and imo he needs it. Also just to point out there is no gym work involved here or hitting the weights as you mention.

In the summer he constantly posts vids of him working out with his personal trainer, he's not slacking with the necessary work

The work rate has been there recently which I think is the difference and will be the difference for him if he hopes to push on. I don’t think he was lazy so much as he didn’t understand his responsibilities. Keep working Ant

The work rate has been there recently which I think is the difference and will be the difference for him if he hopes to push on. I don’t think he was lazy so much as he didn’t understand his responsibilities. Keep working Ant
He’s never struck me as a lazy player in all the times I’ve watched him play, but could be a bit of a headless chicken, which you probably would expect for a young lad playing for his boyhood club. I do think so far this season, he’s been playing with a bit more maturity and has been useful in the games he’s played in so far this season, so encouraging signs he’s developing in my view.

He's got potential its just striking the right balance game time wise. He's not ready to start on a regular basis in my opinion but 10 minute cameos aren't much use either. He needs to be first choice sub so his cameos are longer and start the occasional game at home to lesser opposition. Might never be a regular starter but if he can be a good squad man it will be an improvement on what or academy has produced recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.