2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh I'm not a great fan of his normally but he did play well the other day and he does seem to link well with Digne. I'd like him to get on the bodyweight exercises and become naturally stronger and more powerful, let's hope he keeps it up and stays in an around the team even when others come back as it's the best way for him to improve.

He will be around the squad until January at least he needs to get to the point when we are full strength that he is first option off the bench. I think at the minute if everyone is fit he is still only likely to be last resort. He needs to be the man Benitez tells to go warm up at 50 minutes as we want to try something else.

Well his fight is against Richie for the shirt. DCL is an automatic for his roll when he returns as there's no competition but it would be nice to see this lad make Richie fight for his place. Let's face it The Duke, Townsend and Gray are in the team if they carry on as they are. All healthy stuff.

I'd also ask would Richie have made a difference against Man Utd, or upset that balance we had? I'm not sure.

Tbh I'm not a great fan of his normally but he did play well the other day and he does seem to link well with Digne. I'd like him to get on the bodyweight exercises and become naturally stronger and more powerful, let's hope he keeps it up and stays in an around the team even when others come back as it's the best way for him to improve.
Why do people want players to bulk up...what do you reckon Matt, that young lad from Belfast neeeds to hit the weights?
Jose, we need to bulk up that Lukaku mate, we really do.
Yet people are really queuing up for that Traore from Wolves - not.

Well his fight is against Richie for the shirt. DCL is an automatic for his roll when he returns as there's no competition but it would be nice to see this lad make Richie fight for his place. Let's face it The Duke, Townsend and Gray are in the team if they carry on as they are. All healthy stuff.

I'd also ask would Richie have made a difference against Man Utd, or upset that balance we had? I'm not sure.
Said similar in a different thread. Not sure Richie gets in the team at the moment. And to be fair, he has not actually done much in an attacking sense for a while to justify being an automatic starter. Don't really like him out wide left, but he doesn't get in the team ahead of Grey, dcl and Townsend at the moment. So does he get in the team?
I like Gordon. I think he should be given a run. Yes, he is raw and still learning. But let him play and learn. If your not going to loan him out to a premier League side then play him. Richie is off soon, so why not try Gordon out for a bit and see if he has something. Might just allow us to spend the Richie money in other places.

I have seen improvement in his last few appearances and that's what you are looking for in young players. There is a player in there so hopefully he can keep improving. He needs a goal now to get himself up and running.

There will be plenty of opportunities over the winter, especially over Christmas. It's up to him to keep taking opportunities. Too many times under Ancelotti he wasn't involved when he got a chance to play.

Why do people want players to bulk up...what do you reckon Matt, that young lad from Belfast neeeds to hit the weights?
True. Bulking up changes the way he's used to moving and balance so its not by definition an improvement. Did anyone say Pat Nevin needed to bulk up?

I never said anything about bulking up mate. I mentioned about how he could become naturally stronger which in the longer term will help with his running power and also help him when he is trying to go past defenders in terms of brushing them off. I work in sports science so I know the difference and tbh Gordon would look silly if he just put on a load of extra muscle onto what appears to be a fairly small frame, this is a better way and imo he needs it. Also just to point out there is no gym work involved here or hitting the weights as you mention.

I think AG has probably moved beyond being loaned now.
RB does not seem to be a big fan of loans, I read something by him recently where he said that young players can possibly learn more by staying at their club and have better coaching.

I think that maybe in future young players leaving to go on loan may not have an Everton future. A lot of the loans do not even work out that well.

Said similar in a different thread. Not sure Richie gets in the team at the moment. And to be fair, he has not actually done much in an attacking sense for a while to justify being an automatic starter. Don't really like him out wide left, but he doesn't get in the team ahead of Grey, dcl and Townsend at the moment. So does he get in the team?
I like Gordon. I think he should be given a run. Yes, he is raw and still learning. But let him play and learn. If your not going to loan him out to a premier League side then play him. Richie is off soon, so why not try Gordon out for a bit and see if he has something. Might just allow us to spend the Richie money in other places.

….Richarlison will be one of the first names on the team sheet when he is fit, I have absolutely no doubt about that.

Demairi looks very diminutive but jeez he has some strength.
Player can look like they have no strength, Sterling, and salah look like you can blow them over, but they are very strong not get off the ball. Just makes it even more laughable when they from themselves to the floor. I know Richie does for us but he is ours so that’s all good haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.