2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Championship player at best.

Fans hype him up because he occasionally runs down the flank before hitting a powder puff cross against the first defender to clear.

Doesn't seem to know what he needs to be doing either always jogging at half place looking over his shoulder.
You're bang on. But even that is better than Iwobi. Shame his dad wasn't wearing a jonny.

I'm surprised Iwobi has been put back in. I thought Gordon had done more than enough to warrant another start.
I think it must be more tactical than performance based.
I feel a lot more hopeful for him under Benitez than Ancelotti. I can’t imagine Carlo giving him as much coaching.

Fans hype him up because he occasionally runs down the flank before hitting a powder puff cross against the first defender to clear.

Doesn't seem to know what he needs to be doing either always jogging at half place looking over his shoulder.
I’m not disagreeing but at least you know Gordon will try his best, and there is a chance he can improve, Iwobi has proved he can’t.

I find him frustrating as there is obvious ability there - there was an opportunity in the last five minutes and Townsend had the ball for a quick break and an overlap if he busted a gut to make it but he was just ambling along behind him…

Ultimately we have big issues in the attacking positions as iwobi,Rodon and Gordon are nowhere near good enough imo.

Yes you’re right , he’s done really well hasn’t he now he’s been given a chance and improved a lot, big credit to Benitez.

He had a half decent hour v Man Utd but hasn’t done anything of note in his career to date. Him being first choice sub shows the dearth of quality in the squad.

Pretty sure you said that about DCL once or twice, it's a really daft thing to say as there's no way of measuring it. He's still a very young lad, try getting behind him, like you keep telling everyone else to do about the boss and others.

I'm hardly going to proclaim him to be a superstar in the making or anything like that, but right now he HAS to be a better option than Iwobi

Iwobi is regularly stanking the joint out and Gordon has looked okay when he's had his chances

The way it should work is that you stick the under performing experienced player to the bench and give the performing younger player a chance to keep their run of good form going

What's the point otherwise?

Pretty sure you said that about DCL once or twice, it's a really daft thing to say as there's no way of measuring it. He's still a very young lad, try getting behind him, like you keep telling everyone else to do about the boss and others.

This all day

You'd think people would be more wary about just writing off the younger players after DCL made them all look silly, but sadly it doesn't appear to have worked out that way

What do you call Iwobi and Rondon?

Status
Not open for further replies.